The world is getting into a whole new fitness rage and while it's for the better, a lot of people are facing several complexities and insecurities when they are unable to hop on to the bandwagon.
After hours and hours of laborious Google-ing and extensive research on how to lose weight fast and easy, we end up disappointed with a colossal bookmark history of useless and ineffective myths, that we eventually ditch.
Toshiki Fukutsudzi, a Japanese physician who suggested a simple yet magical, exercise that looks like it is for enhancing your posture and strengthening/healing a pain in your back. It is inclusive, but not limited to just that, and effectively aids weight loss as well!
Now you may think how will just lying on a towel roll ( yes, a roll of towel!) make you shed fat?
But there's science behind it! The physician discovered that any extra layer of fat around the belly is actually a result of misplacement of your pelvis. And the exercise claims to correct exactly that and the pelvis placement, which automatically reduces your waist line. Surprised? We were too!
How to do this exercise:
- Roll a medium-sized towel to form a thick cylinder not less than 15 inches long and approximately 4 inches wide. Wrap it with some sort of a string so it stays put.
- Sit down on a flat and hard surface — the floor, a fitness mat, or a massage table will do just fine. Put your towel roll down.
- Now this is very important: Lay down on your back so that the towel is placed at the parallel to your navel, against the small of your back.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart. Your toes should be touching each other.
- Stretch your arms above your head, palms down, with your pinkies touching. Make sure your toes and pinkies are facing each other.
- Lay still in this position for about 5 minutes.
- Finish the exercise slowly with no sudden jerking motions.
Now what looks easy AF, isn't really all that pleasant when you have to lay still for five whole minutes in one position.
Our advice – start easy, try to hold the position for 1 minute, and then gradually scale up as you build strength, synonymous to how you start with the Plank.
When weight loss is on a budget, travel-friendly, and prop-free, you do away with all excuses and fuel your way to being fabulously fit with no worries of failure!
Watch the full video tutorial here –