1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar works wonders with reducing dark spots and clearing up patchy skin. Vinegar is a natural astringent. Its acidity makes it a good exfoliator, removing dead cells from the surface and leaving you with clear and spot-free skin. Although the excess use of vinegar may damage your skin, so we recommend you use it in miniscule quantities.
- Mix equal parts water and apple-cider vinegar. Rinse the affected area with this solution. Leave it on for 3-4 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Do this twice a day.
Turmeric has natural bleaching properties that help get rid of pigmented skin.
- Make a mixture of one teaspoon of turmeric powder and lemon juice each. Apply it on the affected area and leave it on for 20 minutes. Then, rinse off with regular water. Do this on the daily for best results.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera works excellently for pigmented and tanned skin. It contains mucilaginous polysaccharides in the gel which makes it capable of removing a tan and your dark spots, plus helps generate new skin cells in your body.
- Before you sleep, apply some fresh aloe vera gel on the pigmented areas of your body and leave it on overnight. Rinse off in the morning with regular water and do this every day for a few weeks for lighter and smoother skin.
Papaya contains an enzyme named papain that contains exfoliating properties. These components break down the dead skin cells and encourage new cell growth, resulting in a reduction of skin pigmentation
- Extract some papaya pulp in a bowl and add one tablespoon of honey and milk each to it. Mix it well and make a smooth paste from it. Apply to the affected areas of your skin and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and repeat the procedure at least four times a week for best results.
5. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is an antioxidant that smoothes and hydrates the skin. Applying Cocoa Butter to your skin forms a protective layer that neutralises the harmful effects of sun.
- Smear cocoa butter on the areas of pigmentation, and massage deeply into the skin to improve the circulation of blood and to generate instant freshness.
Follow Nikita on Twitter.