Your lips are more sensitive and susceptible to drying out as compared to other parts of the body, this is why it is important that you clean and moisturise them properly in order to keep them pink and soft.
Here are 5 delicious, easy-peasy DIY treatments that will solve all your chapped lips problems in a jiffy!
1. Lemon & Honey
Lemon & honey pack is a perfect homemade treatment as lemon juice is a great ingredient for gently cleaning and removing tan from your lips while honey softens them naturally.
1. Just take equal parts of fresh lemon juice and honey and mix them well.
2. Apply this mixture on your lips and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
3. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Follow this treatment once daily.
2. Coconut Oil & Almond Oil
Coconut oil and almond oil mixture works wonders as it nourishes and moisturises your lips leaving them pink and soft.
1. Take equal parts of almond oil and coconut oil and mix them well.
2. Store this mixture in an empty lip tint pot.
3. Apply this mixture on your lips and leave it on overnight.
Use this treatment daily.
3. Cucumber Juice
Regular sun exposure can leave your lips dry and tanned. Cucumber juice removes tan effectively, leaving your lips pink and soft.
1. Just take some cucumber juice and apply it on your lips.
2. Alternatively, you can rub a cucumber juice ice cube on your lips and leave it on for as long as possible.
Follow this treatment every day.
4. Almond Oil, Sugar & Honey
Sugar acts a gentle exfoliant and helps remove dead skin while almond oil and honey are great ingredients to soften your lips by gently moisturising them.
1. Just take 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon almond oil and mix it well with 2 teaspoon sugar.
2. Apply this paste all over your lips and massage gently in small circular motion.
3. Wash it off after 5 minutes with lukewarm water and apply lip balm after the treatment.
Use this DIY pack once a week.
5. Rose Petals & Milk
This DIY pack is perfect for lightening and softening ythe skin of your lips making them pink and luscious.
1. Take some rose petals and soak them in milk for about an hour.
2. Now remove these petals and grind them along with some saffron (optional) and 1/2 teaspoon honey to form a paste
3. Apply it over your lips and gently rub for about 2 minutes.
4. Rinse off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.