1) Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Salman Khan were initially considered for the role Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh played in Bajirao Mastani.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's dream was to make Bajirao Mastani with lead actors Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. But after the duo break-up, Aishwarya quit the film. After really long, Bansali decided to cast Deepika and Ranveer.
2) The directors wanted Shah Rukh Khan to play Sanjay Dutt's role in Munnabhai MBBS.
Before Sanjay Dutt, Shah Rukh Khan was offered the role of 'Munna Bhai' and Sanjay Dutt was supposed to play the role of Zaheer (what was later portrayed by Jimmy Shergill). But things didn't work out the way director wanted it to. So Sanjay Dutt was finalised for lead role and rest is history, guys!
3) Ranbir Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor almost played the brother-sister duo in Dil Dhadak Ne Do
Priyanka Chopra and Ranveer Singh were not the directors first choice for their roles in Dil Dhadakne Do. She wanted to cast real time brother-sister duo, Kareena and Ranbir. But Kareena denied because she couldn't spend 90 days in cruise due to family commitments. And later on, Ranbir also quit.
4) Saif Ali Khan was approached for Raj for Dilwale Dhulaniya Le Jayenge
At first, SRK wasn't interested to do the movie . So, the director approached Saif Ali Khan for it. Later when Saif denied the role too, the team sat him down to convinced SRK . Do we really need to mention how well that workout out? Saif must have regretted his decision for this one!
5) Kangana Ranaut was the first choice for the lead role in Dirty Picture
Before Vidya Balan, the role was offered to Kangana Ranaut as Reshma in Dirty Picture.Kangana refused to take it as she previously did two movies with similar theme.
6) Sushant Singh Rajput was considered for Fitoor
Sushant Singh Rajput was to play the lead role in Fitoor. He was allegedly forced to leave the film due to delay in the procedures. The film was later passed on to Aditya Roy Kapoor.
7) Twinkle Khanna almost played Tina in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
Twinkle Khanna revealed that Karan wrote the character of Tina in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai keeping her in mind. But when she heard the script, she wasn't quite interested to do the film.
8) Abhishek Bachchan wanted to play Hrithik in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum
Bachchans wanted Abhishek to play the role of their son in the movie. But Karan Johar wanted to cast Hrithik Rohan after his amazing performance in Kaho Na Pyaar hai. Also,there was a cameo of Abhishek Bachan in the movie which later on got deleted.
9) Kareena Kapoor shot a scene for Kaho na Pyaar Hai
Initially Kareena Kapoor was playing the lead role in the movie Kaho na Pyaar Hai but she had to leave the project in the middle. How do you know that's true? That scene is still in the movie!!! Yeah, not sure if that was intentional.
10) Ranveer Singh almost starred in Bombay Velvet
Anurag Kashyap wanted Ranveer Singh to play the lead role in the movie, Bombay Velvet. But, due to some issues with the dates and pay the project got delayed and offered to Ranbir Kapoor, later.