Taking the world by a storm, nobody is alien to the endless list of achievements and back-to-back successful projects, Priyanka Chopra has been a part of. She leaves no stone unturned, when it comes to looking glamorous, yet firmly holding true to her humility and how.
Let's read a few weird and lesser known facts about Priyanka Chopra's career and personal life!
1. Don't let Priyanka's confident panache lure you into assuming she was always like that. She was a gawky, under-confident child who was extremely low on self-esteem. Hailing from a middle-class background, she was a hardworking and diligent student who wanted to pursue Criminal Psychology, but later got into acting. She has also had a horrendous experience in the USA, when she suffered bouts of racism in school, for instance being nicknamed 'Brownie' in one of the schools. The scarring experience even made her quit one of them.
2. While shooting the Holi sequence in the movie Waqt: The Race Against Time, Priyanka stepped on a live wire, and ended up being hospitalised! Do me a favor, let's NOT play Holi. Phew!
3. Priyanka chopra's debut film is not what you've grown up thinking. She appeared in a Tamil movie "Thamizhanin", which released in 2002.
4. You will not believe that Priyanka Chopra actually featured in this song by Daler Mehndi called Sajan Mere Satrangiya at the age of 17, immediately after she had bagged the Miss World award, and much before she entered Bollywood. Don't believe us? Cheggit for yourselves!
5. All those who went gaga over how regal Aishwarya Rai looked in the remake of the cult classic movie, Umrao Jaan, you probably didn't know this, but had it not been for Priyanka's blocked dates and packed schedule, she would have played the role. Considering how badly the film tanked at the box office, PeeCee fans would obviously be more than relieved.
6. One look at Priyanka's fit and ever-toned body, and you would be green with envy. Especially, when you'd come to know she never holds back on any junk food( fries, anyone?). Priyanka has gone on record admitting she has been blessed with skinny genes, and never curbs her sweet-tooth pangs or pizza cravings. In an interview to New York Times, she once revealed how she always carries candy in her purse. Life is unfair. Tch.
7. We all know Priyanka Chopra has many beauty accolades to her credit, like Miss India, followed by Miss World, but you have her parents to thank for it. Yes, it was actually her parents who submitted their daughter's name for the esteemed beauty pageant, and like they say - the rest is history!
8. A superstar on a global rampage, Priyanka Chopra's list of fans is endless and not just restricted to India. In one his interviews, Hollywood actor Ryan Reynolds was full of praise for her, and said, " I have not seen her show ('Quantico') but I've seen her interviews and she is charming, funny, and smart. She's got a huge following and is doing great. I would love to work with her. I can see why she is a big star." Way to go PeeCee!
9. This is not really a weird fact, but her courage definitely deserves a special mention. Just after a few days of her father's passing on, Priyanka was back to work, and started shooting for the film, Mary Kom. We salute her spirit and can't help being overwhelmed with admiration and pride!