Aishwarya Rai broke a million hearts in a split second when she decided to get married to Abhishek Bachchan ten years ago! Ever since then, this power couple has been going strong, and broke the Internet, giving #FamilyGoals when they became parents to their lovely daughter, Aaradhya.
Be it in public appearances as a couple, or via Abhishek's massive PDA for his gorgeous wife on social media time and again — they have managed to give us enviable couple goals in showing the world that they are absolutely nailing married life!
The duo has been pretty vocal about their deep love and fondness for each other, and here are eleven instances to prove it.
1. When Aishwarya expressed her heartfelt desire from her marriage in a single statement.
"I'm going to spend a lifetime with Abhishek, memories are created every moment."
2. When Abhishek opened up about why exactly he admires his wife, Aishwarya Rai.
"As one grows up, one creates a certain image of the wife one would wish to spend one's life with. Aishwarya, as a daughter; as a daughter-in-law, as a wife, as a sister, is much more than what one could think of. She surpasses manifold my idea of the kind of life partner I'd desired."
3. When Aishwarya divulged how they look at their relationship as a couple.
"This marriage has not been about names coming together or creating a force to reckon with, for a perfect alliance. Very honestly, this is a boy and a girl who fell in love and got married with their parents' blessings… that's really our story – Abhishek and Aishwarya love each other."
4. When Abhishek revealed his secret to a happy, and fulfilling married bliss.
"Everything you think marriage is going to be, it's all that and more. Don't believe the haters. People have joked about marriage for so long that it's come to stick. But it's great fun. Go for it. Just be 500 percent sure of the person. Don't do it if you have even an iota of doubt, if you're not completely convinced."
5. When Aishwarya opened up about her effortless chemistry with Abhishek, and what is it that makes them click.
"Life gives you so many opportunities to be mature and deep and responsible. And we've both been ahead of our years. So it's really nice to have retained the child in you. We're comfortable being silly with each other."
6. When Abhishek Bachchan expressed how his marriage changed him as a person, for the better.
"She's given me a confidence I've never had before. I think most men will agree with this. I'm the baby of the family. My sister…is fiercely protective of me. I wasn't really held responsible for anything. But after getting married, I realised I wanted to be responsible for this person, I wanted to protect her and care for her."
7. When Aishwarya stood up for her decision to not choose between marriage and career, and why she is proud of it.
"I've never understood women who say, I'm not going to get married as I want to concentrate on my career for the next few years. If you believe in the man, if you have your family's blessings, if you believe you will be happy and comfortable together, why not go ahead? Don't barter work for marriage. It's not a trade-off. These are two different aspects of your life."
8. When Abhishek confessed how much he values Aishwarya's presence in his life, as a partner.
"It feels like we've spent our entire lives together, but it's still a thrill to wake up and see her lying next to me. We've actually spent entire nights just talking. I think that's the most romantic thing you can do for your wife, really—to just be there for her, make yourself available, share and listen."
9. When Aishwarya was sweetly, reeling head over heels in love with her married life.
"A song from our wedding starts playing, and it feels like just yesterday. God willing, it will always feel like this."
10. When Abhishek proved that there is no place for jealousy in love.
"As a man, nothing gives me more pleasure than putting my wife in front of me and seeing her be celebrated. The most amazing thing I can do is be supportive."
11. When Abhishek revealed the foundation of their relationship, what keeps them going.
"My first impression of Aishwarya was as a costar and a friend. It was my second film and Aishwarya and I hit it off from the first day. We were friends then and we continue to remain friends today. Our relationship's name may have changed, but the core remains the same. Aishwarya is my best buddy, my confidante, and my wife."