The most famous movie series and the most famous TV series have something quite common, that makes them so special. They share some of the same on-screen characters, those you would have never guessed, and those you couldn't have even imagined. Thought you knew Harry Potter well, or even GOT for that matter? Well you're mistaken, prepare to have your world change completely... for the better.
1. The fearless wilding Osha, (Natalia Tena) was actually the amazing Nymphadora Tonks.
2. Walder Frey, the sly head of House Frey, was actually David Bradley, better known as Argus Filch, the caretaker in Harry Potter.
3. Michelle Fairley, better known as Catelyn Stark, appeared as Hermoine's mother very briefly, in the first part of Deathly Hallows.
4. The very powerful 'king beyond the wall', Mance Rayder, played a short scene as Albus Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth Dumbledore (Ciarán Hinds).
5. Freddie Stroma, who played the obnoxious Cormac McLaggen in Harry Potter, appeared as Dickon Tarly (Sam's younger brother), in the sixth season of GOT.
6. No wonder you didn't know about this one. Julian Glover, or rather, Grand Maester Pycelle, was the voice of Aragog, the giant spider in Harry Potter.
7. Quite a sneaky one– Nicholas Bane, who played the Spice King (one of the thirteen who ruled Qarth) made a short appearance in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix– as a wizard who worked in the Ministry of Magic. (He's the one holding the box in the picture below)
8. The evil Dagmer (Ralph Ineson), was a Death-Eater in three Harry Potter films, and played the part of Amycus Carrow.
Some of you may not know this so tread with caution at the next revelation.
9. The much-loved Professor Horace Slughorn (Jim Broadbent), would be joining the cast of GOT in season 7. It was initially kept a secret, but now we know that he will be playing the part of an archmaester, probably Marwyn the Mage. So look out for that one.