Ram Nath Kovind, the 14th President Elect of the Republic of India has been all over Internet and TV since yesterday for obvious reasons. Besides being the president of world's second largest democracy, here are 8 uber-cool facts about him to help you know the man better:
1. He had donated his ancestral house in his native village in Kanpur as a community house to the village.
2. He represented India at the United Nations and even addressed the General Assembly in October 2002.
3. Kovind has openly opposed granting reservation to Dalit Christians and Dalit Muslims.
4. He won the presidential election with 65.65% votes.
5. He was chosen as governor of Bihar on August 8, 2015.
6. He is only the second Dalit leader to hold the position since K.R. Narayanan.
7. In 1977, Kovind had worked as the private secretary of then Prime Minister Morarji Desai. And later served as national spokesperson of BJP.