We got Head of Lingerie Design at Marks and Spencer Soozie Jenkinson to break down the art of lingerie buying for the sexiest day of the year...
"When my team and I start designing lingerie for Valentine's Day our top priority is to develop something beautiful she will love. We understand that every woman has her own unique underwear style, so whether she loves wearing luxurious sensual silk lingerie, or perhaps she's a pretty pyjama girl at heart, there is so much to choose from our M&S collection you will be simply spoilt for choice!
With so much to choose from, shopping for lingerie can be a challenge. Unwrapping the 'wrong kind of underwear' can make hearts sink, however receiving thoughtfully chosen, great fitting lingerie can be a real confidence boost.
To help you to choose the perfect Valentine's Day gift, here are my top tips:
1. Size plus Shape equals success! If you are buying lingerie, knowing her size and shape is a must! Receiving lingerie which is too big or too small is disappointing so take a sneaky peak in her lingerie drawer, find the recent bra purchase she loves to wear and take a note of her under band and cup shape e.g. 34B. Assess the cup shape too.....full cup, balcony and plunge are the most popular bra shapes and feature in many of our collections. The Bralet is another option, it's a fashion shape which is often sold in the same size as her clothing.
2. Posh PJs make a perfect gift
Elegant PJ dressing has made a fashion revival with catwalks designers championing this luxe trend. Our Rosie for Autograph slinky satin PJ combines elegance with luxury and would make a beautiful gift. A silk wrap offers a contemporary twist on Valentine's dressing
3. Indulge her in the luxury of Silk and French designed lace
Every woman loves the sensual feel of silk and the chic elegance of French designed lace, so glamorous lingerie from our exclusive Rosie for Autograph range is the ultimate treat. The extensive lingerie and sleepwear range is designed to fit and flatter beautifully and with bras designed up to a DD cup there is no excuse not to indulge her
4. Upgrade her knicker drawer!
Knickers make a very cute Valentines gift, and this spring's collection sees a number of flirty styles designed to flatter curves as well as offering optimum comfort that she can keep wearing over and over, even across the lacier and sleeker styles
5. A much loved modern classic
With some many options it can also be overwhelming but with modern, classic styles such as a lacy white bra or black push-up bra with silky detailing you can't wrong. It's a timeless style that she can wear over and over again"