- To Freshen the Mouth: Baking soda doesn't just cover, but neutralises mouth odour. Just put one teaspoon of it in half a glass of water, swish, spit and rinse. You can also dip your toothbrush with toothpaste into baking soda to make your teeth whiter.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
- As a Body and Face Exfoliator: Rub a paste made of baking soda and water in gentle circular motion to exfoliate your skin. Rinse clean.
More From Cosmopolitan
- To Treat Itchy Skin and Skin Irritation: Take some baking soda in your hands, and rub it into damp skin after bath to ease any skin irritation problems.
- To Nourish Hair: Take a small amount of baking soda and mix it with your regular shampoo and rinse thoroughly – baking soda helps remove the residue that styling products leave behind so your hair is devoid of harmful chemicals.
- As an antiperspirant: Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your bath to neutralise acids on the skin and help wash away excess oil and perspiration.
- As a Furniture Polish: Clean walls and painted furniture by applying baking soda to a damp sponge and rubbing lightly. Wipe off with a dry cloth.
- To Remove Oil and Grease Stains: Oil and grease spills can be cleaned using baking soda by sprinkling it on the spot and scrubbing with a wet brush.