Do you spend more time than you know you should thinking about things you know you shouldn't? If this sounds familiar, you are not alone. Most of us spend a great deal of time thinkings about unnecessary aspects of our lives that are completely out of our control. Here are 7 deadly thoughts that can hinder you from living life to the fullest. Quit while you are ahead and live a happy life in no time!
1) Your ex. Break ups are never easy, but constantly thinking about your ex will make it even harder to move on. The best way to divert your mind and get over your ex is to keep yourself as busy as possible. Take up fun hobbies, spend time with family and friends and even volunteer to ensure your days are packed with events, leaving you with zero time to think about your ex!
2) The past. The past is over. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change what has happened in your life. Dwelling on it and constantly thinking about it does nothing but damage your present (and potentially your future). Give your self a break and stop thinking about what is already done.
3) Things you cannot control.Although you can control certain aspects of life, most things are completely out of your control. Learn to embrace life's uncertainty and you will thrive in no time.
4) The future. There is absolutely no point in worrying about the future because you cannot predict what is going to happen next, nor can you control it. Anytime you feel a wave of anxiety from worrying about the future, try to control your thoughts with your mind. Instead of fretting, try to replace worrying thoughts with actions to change your life today. The rest truly is beyond your control.
5) Other people's success. Learn to accept the fact as is: There is always someone who is going to be smarter, prettier, funnier, richer, healthier and overall better than you. Comparing yourself to others will do anything but kill your confidence. Instead of comparing yourself to others, get inspired and work on your weaknesses.
6) What other's think. Here is the truth: The opinions of others do not matter. You have to live your life for yourself and what other's think of your choices should have zero effect on you. You must remember that you are going to be stuck with your results, so someone else's opinions should not matter at all.
7) Things you don't have. If you spend a great amount of your time thinking about things you don't have, you are seriously missing out on things you do right in front of your eyes. It's important not to focus on the negative, but really appreciate what you have.