If you have ever been curious about pilates, a quick google search will define pilates to be "a system of exercises using special apparatus, designed to improve physical strength, flexibility, and posture, and enhance mental awareness."
Pilates is very similar to yoga, but the main focus is core strength. If you are someone who struggles with losing tummy fat, you can really benefit by practicing pilates. Here are 5 (other) reasons you should try this fun, low impact workout... ASAP!
1) Low injury exercise. Because of the gentle movements, pilates are amazing for a low impact workout. Each move is slow and controlled, causing your body very minimal stress.
2) It improves posture. If you have poor posture, give pilates a go! The whole idea is to remain in the correct posture to feel the full effectiveness of each exercise, keeping all muscles fully engaged.
3) Helps strengthen the core. If you want a strong core, pilates will get you there! There are a ton of exercises build around strengthening the core, and because each movement is deliberate, you will see a difference in a very short amount of time.
4) Improves flexibility. If you struggle with stretching, pilates is a great way to help loosen the muscles. A lot of exercises are done on machines to help you reach places you never thought possible!
5) It's fun! There are endless exercises that can be done in pilates, which makes it a fun, exciting workout each time. If you are constantly looking to switch up your exercise routine, you will love giving pilates a shot!