There are two ways to go off the grid: Pick a relaxing spot and hit the beach every day, or go thrill-seeking in an adventurous new locale. Turns out, lots of people want to get face-to-face with a ghost when they get away, too, so Airbnb has compiled a list of its haunted locales from Louisiana to London. Warning: These spots for wannabe ghost hunters are not for those who are easily spooked. h/t: Daily Mail
1. York, United KingdomOnce a "madness chamber," this apartment dates back over 600 years, and overlooks a local church. So, basically, this place fulfills every horror movie cliché. Guests say it's worth checking out the owner's pub, Trembling Madness, located in front of the apartment, during your stay.Rent it here.
2. Saint Paul, MinnesotaVoted the "Most Mysterious House In Saint Paul," a night at this castle will guarantee your visit to the Twin Cities is something out of the ordinary. If The Manor's spooky exterior doesn't make your skin crawl, ghost hunting in the surrounding woodland certainly will.Rent it here.
3. London, United KingdomWe don't know if it's the 13 foot ceilings, period windows, or the inexplicable 19th century sliding barn door, but the creepy details in this London flat add up to chilling effects. Case in point: It actually used to be a Victorian hospital, called the Bethnal Green Infirmary.Rent it here.
4. Brumley, MOYou know this place has got to be freaky because the owners advise guests who want a good night's sleep to stay at the B&B a few minutes away. Built by a doctor 10 years before the Civil War, this haunted castle has been used as a hospital, funeral home, and barbershop in its 160 year history. The kicker? There's a cemetery in the backyard. Spooky.Rent it here.
5. Great Dunmow, United KingdomJust looking at this Airbnb – which recreates the bedroom of a seven-year-old child during the Edwardian era – gives us goosebumps. Period books and toys, heavy drapes, and unexplained sounds all up the fear factor.Rent it here.
6. New Orleans, LAWhile the owners can't guarantee you'll see their ghost – a shy, young girl in a yellow dress from the 1890s – some guests swear she haunts one of the bedrooms in this Garden District manse. Scaredy cats, shack up somewhere else.Rent it here.