1. The iconic leather jacket that Shah Rukh Khan wears throughout the movie was bought by Uday Chopra. He purchased it from a Harley-Davidson store in California for a whopping $400 (26,000 INR approx.).
2. Apparently, one of the most popular scenes where Shah Rukh Khan and Amrish Puri fed the pigeons was completely impromptu.
3. Kajol's iconic white skirt in the song Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aaye was trimmed on the set (yep, you heard that right!). It was cut shorter by Manish Malhotra and his team because the director, Aditya Chopra, thought it was too long.
4. While filming the song, Ruk Ja O Dil Diwane, Aditya Chopra deliberately didn't mention to Kajol that SRK was supposed to drop her at the end of the song so that her reaction would be absolutely genuine!
5. Initially, Aditya Chopra wanted to cast Tom Cruise as Raj (wut?), before his father Yash Chopra dissuaded him and insisted on casting an Indian actor instead.
6. Aditya Chopra wrote DDLJ in the span of three to four weeks (whoa!). According to Karan Johar, Aditya Chopra had the film clearly conceptualised in his head, which is why he was able to jot it down quickly.
7. After watching the film, SRK told Yash Chopra that DDLJ is the film that's going to make him, just like Deewar catapulted Amitabh Bacchan to fame.
8. The movie, till date, holds an unbeaten record in the history of Indian cinema of running for 1,000 weeks and 7,000 days at the box office!
Want some more trivia? Watch this amazing video of the making of DDLJ