1. Eat only when hungry - Reduce unnecessary snacking. Most of us give in to the industrialized regulated lifestyles of today, that prescribes three meals a day as well as snacks and tea breaks in-between. Many times, we eat out of stress or simply to be social. Instead, learn to listen to your body and eat when you feel hungry. Indulge in mindful eating and consume only up to 70-80% of your capacity.
2. Eat a balanced breakfast - Breakfast makes your body feels supported and fulfilled, making you less inclined to eat through the day. Studies show that individuals who skip breakfast repay later with binging that leads to craving carbohydrates and fats.
3. Replace simple carbohydrates with complex carbs - Complex carbohydrates are rich in fiber and are not highly processed like refined carbohydrates, take longer to digest and hence provide a sustained source of energy for a longer duration. You will also feel satiated faster with lesser quantity of food and will not have that urge to snack unhealthily between meals. This pattern would then lead to reduce intake of calories and hence lead to weight loss.
4. Indulge in healthy source of fats - Ghee has just been declared a super food the kind of fat that is good for your health. Other rich sources of fat such as Omega 3 present in sea food, esp. fishes enhance bone health and promote good cholesterol in your system. This helps in maintaining a proper balance of nutrients in the body and get healthier skin.
5. Pick a sport - Activities like exercising, walking/ running, gardening or gyming strikes the metabolic fire and speeds up your weight loss process. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and eating right can make you drop several kilos without even realising
Here's a list of carbs you're allowed to eat even when trying to lose weight:
2. Wheat germ
7. Whole Grain Bread
8. Whole Grain Pasta
9. Brown Rice
With inputs from Ms. Preeti Rao, Founder & CEO, WELLNESS Jiva