They tell you not to go looking for love - it'll find you - and that's never been more true than when reading through these eleven people's tales of how they met their other halves. Because they are bizarre.
Gathered by website Bride and Groom Direct, here's some encouragement not to lose faith about meeting the one. Because if this lot are anything to go by, you'll probably meet your partner when you least expect it...
1. "Accidentally killed him while playing the video game, Halo Reach, he started talking after that, then he moved from Washington state to Florida to be with me :)" - Charlie
2. "We met at a no pants party. Yup, neither of us wearing pants. 7 years later, we are still together." - Rebecca
3. "I met my wife because I farted. True story. I'm standing in line at a coffee shop and letting pass some serious silent-but-deadlies. I was on a pretty hefty raw broccoli kick at the time, after reading it may be good for the old hairline. Anyway, I didn't notice, but right behind me is this beautiful girl, who turns and asks me "if I smell that?" I pretend to sniff the air and then point to someone a few paces ahead of us. Turns out we spent the rest of the afternoon together and we just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. To this day I never told her that the fart was, indeed, mine." - Simon
4. "I met my lady because I got punched in the face at a bar... by the guy she was dating." - James
5. "I met my future wife during a music festival. She puked in front of my VW bus. Love at first sight…" - Alex
6. "Playing guitar hero at a friends' party, finished the song and saw one of the most gorgeous women I had ever seen. So struck by stupidity I made the only noise I could bring out of my mouth, a meow...
But she meowed back! And then the rest is history.
Ironically she told me she only felt an attraction to me so quickly due to the meow, seriously, how does that make any sense? Silly woman." - Stuart
7. "I was drunk at a bar, and I bit her, apparently." - Ed
8. "He was my boyfriend's dealer. Sounds bad, I know, but it worked out quite well. Been together for 7 years now, married for 3, and clean for 6." - Brooke
9. "We met in aisle 10 of our local Tesco where we both worked at the time. That was 4 years ago and we're getting married next year. So excited!" - Claire
10. "The concrete exercise yard of a maximum-security prison, surrounded by 15-foot high barbed wire fences and some lovely inmates ( we were working) thankfully not getting married there :-)" - Karyn
11. "We met in a Sexual Health clinic. I always love starting with that! We were both staff! During a boring meeting, we didn't get off to the best start. Over time we became best friends and the rest is history! Now we have a house, a dog and are getting married. Bliss." Roslyn
Like this? Come and check us out on Snapchat Discover.