Learning about sex is like sex itself: You're eager to invest time in doing it, but now and again, you want it to be fast and furious. Consider this the ultimate quickie collection of answers to your most burning carnal queries.
1. Can I really tell how big a guy is by the size of his hands or feet?
2. I'd like to have phone sex with my long-distance boyfriend, but I'm shy. How can I loosen up?
Try writing out some fantasies in a journal first.
3. Are condoms still effective while underwater?
They're not tested underwater, so there's no assurance they'll hold up.
4. What's the best song to do a striptease to?
Justify My Love, by Madonna.
5. He's almost too big. What positions are good for him to ease his way into me without hurting?
Anything where you can control the speed and depth of penetration, such as girl on top.
6. I heard some guys like you to use your teeth during a blow job. Is that true?
A small minority do. For both of your sakes, be sure to ask first.
7. My boyfriend won't climax when I go down on him, no matter what I do. Is something wrong?
Not at all.
8. What's the most common male fantasy?
A threesome with two women.
9. My boyfriend's penis curves to one side when he's hard. Should he be worried about that?
Some curvature is normal. If it is severe or hurts, he may have Peyronie's disease and should consult a doctor.
10. Why do I feel horny during my period?
You know there's less chance of pregnancy, and you're better lubricated.
11. Can a woman orgasm just by thinking about sex?
About 2 percent can. Lucky girls!
12. Can I have sex if I have a yeast infection?
It's a bad idea; you could end up passing the infection to your partner.
13. Do guys have a G-spot?
Yep-it's the prostate gland, and it's accessible via his back door or by putting pressure on his perineum.
14. What are some good ways to combat vaginal dryness?
Stop taking decongestants and antihistamines, get tested for low estrogen, and use a water-based lube.
15. Are there any reliable at-home STD tests or is it necessary to go to the doctor?
There are tests you administer at home before sending results to a lab. But see a doctor to be sure.
16. How can I best stimulate his perineum?
Rock the part of your finger between the second and third knuckle over it, using moderate pressure.
17. Do blue balls actually exist?
Prolonged erections can cause discomfort in the testicles and perineum... but not pain.
18. What's the best way to use a vibrator during sex?
Slip a vibrating ring-you can buy them online-onto his penis. It'll turn him into a human vibrator.
19. What's some dirty talk I can use so I don't freak him out and feel so embarrassed?
"I love how you feel inside me," "God, you're so hard," and "Right there. Right there!"
20. If he doesn't make noises, how can I tell if he likes what I'm doing?
Look for a "sex flush" on his stomach and chest...or better yet, just ask him.
21. I've been told I have a small clitoris. Could that be why I have so much trouble reaching orgasm when I have sex?
No, it just isn't being adequately stimulated and might need a tongue instead of a penis.
22. Even when my boyfriend is superattentive and I'm really turned on, I can't orgasm. Is there something wrong with me?
23. If my boyfriend and I both have the same sexually transmitted disease, do we still have to use a condom?
No, if you are on the Pill, have the same bacterial STD (like gonorrhea), and are both on antibiotics.
24. What is the longest-lasting position for a man?
Any done in quick succession-the more often you switch positions, the longer he'll last.
25. Can I eat anything to change the way I taste down there?
Foods like garlic and asparagus might make you slightly more pungent, whereas fruits like pineapple may sweeten you up.
26. Can two people know if they have great sexual chemistry before they even touch?
Do you feel butterflies, tingles, etc.? Bingo.
27. My guy always slips out whenever we switch positions. Are we doing something wrong?
Nope, but he can try tightening his butt during transitions to help him stay in.
28. Do men want their nipples played with?
Some do, some don't. See how your guy reacts.
29. How many orgasms in a row can a woman have?
No one knows for sure, so set your own record.
30. I actually orgasm way faster than he does. Is there a way to slow myself down?
Why slow down? Orgasm, go down on him while you rest (if needed), then aim for number two!
31. I want to try anal, but I'm scared it'll hurt. What can I do to make sure it's pleasurable?
Communicate, use plenty of lube, experiment first with a finger (then two), and go slow.
32. Is there a way I can have erotic dreams more often?
Replay a sexy scenario in your mind as you're falling asleep.
33. My boyfriend takes Viagra but doesn't need to. Should I be worried about any long-term effects?
The long-term effects aren't fully known, but he could become psychologically dependent on it.
34. I'm dating a bad kisser. Does that mean he'll totally suck in the sack?
35. How can I get my man to be more dominant in bed?
Unleash some light aggression on him-pin his wrists, bite softly-to let him know he can get rowdy.
36. Why is my guy so distant right after we have sex?
Chemicals are released in his brain that make him sleepy.
37. When I'm going down on him, do I have to take all of him into my mouth?
Nope. Your mouth can focus on the sensitive tip while your hand strokes his shaft.
38. Is it possible for me to masturbate too much?
Only if you're more concerned about earning an orgasm than a paycheck.
39. Can a guy have an orgasm without ejaculating?
40. How should I use my pubococcygeus muscles during sex?
Flex your muscles while he's inside you, then release. Pulsate at different rates.
41. Is there such a thing as being too wet during sex?
42. When is a premature ejaculation?
If he can't thrust for more than two minutes. But if either of you feels bad, that counts too.
43. I love to role-play, but I've done the clichÃ©s (teacher and student, etc.). What are some other characters that would be fun in the bedroom?
Cop and thief, MILF and horny teenage guy, Brad and Angelina…
44. Why do I feel like I have to pee during sex?
Because your bladder lies close to the front vaginal wall. It's very unlikely that you'll actually pee.
45. Do female sexual enhancers work?
The Food and Drug Administration, US, doesn't seem to think so.
46. I am self-conscious about my tummy but don't want to keep my shirt on. How do I hide it during sex?
Lie down and let gravity do its work, you could also lie on your stomach, or do it doggie-style.
47. I want to be spanked! How do I tell him without sounding really weird?
Spank him first.
48. Can I lose sensation from using a vibrator too often?
Yes, but only temporarily and if you leave it on one spot too long.
49. How firm should my grip be when I'm giving hand jobs?
Think of how hard you could squeeze an unpeeled banana without squashing it.
50. I'm often sore after sex. Is there a way to prevent that?
Use a good lube, and ask him to go slow. If you're still hurting after that, call your doc.
51. How do I clean my sex toys?
Use mild soap and warm water with a facecloth.
52. What's a sexy way to put on a condom?
With your mouth, with your hands behind your back.
53. My guy's penis is kinda small. What can I do to make it feel bigger?
Opt for doggie-style sex.
54. I don't swallow, so is there a way to get rid of 'it' gracefully?
Keep a box of tissues handy, pretend to wipe your face, and nonchalantly spit it into one of them.
55. How do you inspect a penis for signs of an STD without his knowing?
Check it out while you're caressing him. Look for sores, redness, and odd secretions or smells. But that's not really foolproof!
56. My boyfriend wants me to play with his back door. What the hell am I supposed to do with it?
Gently rub it with your finger. If he's, ahem, receptive, slowly insert your (lubed) digit.
57. What should I do if the condom breaks?
If you're not on the Pill, buy an emergency contraceptive the next day. And get tested for STDs.
58. Is there a definitive way which makes sure a condom won't break before using it?
Nope... and doing your own tests can weaken it.
59. I want to do it in a hot tub. Bad idea?
60. What can I use to tie up my boyfriend?
Look in your closet-scarves and tights make great bondage gear.
61. Is it too OCD to ask him to wash his hands before he uses them on-or in-me?
No. And while you're at it, ask him to trim his fingernails, just to be safe.
62. My guy hits my cervix constantly when we have sex, and it kills. Is there a way to prevent it without making things way less fun for him?
The spoon position (both on your sides, him behind you) keeps penetration shallow.
63. What's the best position for clitoral stimulation?
You on top, which facilitates maximum grindage against his pelvis.
64. What's the CAT position?
Coital-alignment technique. In missionary, he scoots up 3 inches so his pelvis rubs against your clitoris during thrusts.
65. Does having 'morning wood' mean he wants to get it on?
Nope, but he happily will.
66. Is there a way to let him know about one of my fantasies without freaking him out?
Tell him you had an erotic dream (costarring him), and ask if he'd like to hear details.
67. Are there any foods or household items that are safe to go in my vagina?
Unless Mother Nature-or the manufacturer- specifically made something for in there, keep it out.
68. When my guy tries to go down on me, it's unbearably ticklish. How can I stop it from feeling that way?
Relax your muscles, concentrate on how turned on you are, and make sure his face is shaved.
69. Orgasms with my vibrator seem more intense than orgasms with my guy. Why?
Because your boyfriend isn't powered by batteries.
70. How can I have sex while on my period without making a mess?
Just do it in the shower or put a towel under you.
71. What's best for 69ing-me on top,
him on top, or both of us on our sides?
You on top, unless you're bigger, then side-by-side is best.
72. I want to have sex in a public-but not too public-place. Any ideas?
The bathroom of an uncrowded bar, a car on the side of a quiet road…
73. My guy loses his erection when he's drunk. Is there a remedy for 'whiskey dick'?
Don't drink so much.
74. Is it possible to have too much sex?
75. What are some lesser-known erogenous zones on a guy's body?
His scalp and the inside of his nostrils.
76. How long is the average erect penis?
Between 5.5 and 6.2 inches.
77. My boyfriend is more than a foot taller than I am, so we don't always lineup in the bedroom. What's a good position for us?
Straddle him while he is sitting cross-legged.
78. What's the best way to ask a man to get tested for STDs?
Get tested together.
79. What do I do when I need a break during oral on him?
Lick your hand, and then masturbate him while you kiss his thighs and stomach.
80. Does anonymous online sex count as cheating?
If you hide it from him, yes.
81. What does it mean if a guy doesn't have an orgasm during sex?
He could be stressed, taking antidepressants, tired-the same reasons you wouldn't have one.
82. What should I keep in mind if I make an erotic video with my boyfriend?
Use wide shots-no gyno close-ups, please- and soft lighting, like candles.
83. Does condom size really matter all that much?
Most condoms fit most men. If it is uncomfortably tight or doesn't cover him completely, use a larger size.
84. Why does he shake as though he's cold after we have sex?
The 'orgasmic shudder' is a natural part of ejaculation.
85. Is using a female condom as safe as using a male condom?
They're slightly less effective because there's more risk of slippage.
86. The condom came off without my knowing and was left inside me for a while. Is that dangerous?
It can cause an infection, and of course, puts you at risk for diseases and pregnancy.
87. I feel like my guy's penis has gotten bigger over time. Am I imagining things?
Probably...but tell him so anyway!
88. How can I make my guy comfortable with using sex toys together?
Ease into it with discreet, nonthreatening vibrators, then have him use them on you.
89. Sometimes I queef while having sex. Can I keep it from happening?
Don't let him go all the way out during thrusts, and avoid positions where your legs are above your head.
90. Does the size of vagina matter?
The vagina is elastic and can accommodate most penises, and slight differences in tightness are all but unnoticeable for guys.
91. How do I handle an uncircumcised penis?
Some guys like the foreskin to be pulled back, while others find this too sensitive. Coyly request a demonstration of it.
92. Do experienced guys still like the occasional hand job?
93. How do you tell him you don't want him to finish inside you, even with a condom?
Tell him your preference before you engage in sex-not as he approaches climax.
94. Can a penis break?
Not like a bone, but trauma can cause membranes to tear audibly. Needless to say, it requires immediate medical attention.
95. Is it unhealthy to sleep with more than one guy in the same day?
Not if you're practicing safe sex with both of them. But shower between the romps.
96. My boyfriend says that condoms kill a lot of the sensation. What's the alternative?
Extra-thin condoms. He'll be fine.
97. Most lubes irritate me. Are there natural alternatives?
Firefly, Sylk, and O'My are homeopathic lubes with no artificial dyes or preservatives.
98. If I don't want to kiss a guy after he performs oral sex, what should I do?
Kiss his neck or chest, go down on him, or work on getting over your issue with it.
99. How many calories does one actually burn during sex?
A 120-pound woman going at it for 30 minutes burns 115 calories. With 15 minutes of foreplay, it's 135.
100. Does my boyfriend really want to see me masturbate or say it 'cause it's supposed to be a little risque?
Contributing Experts: Sadie Allison, Dhs, Author Of Ride 'em Cowgirl! Sex Positions For Better Bucking; Erotic Specialist Amanda Ansell; Diana Daffner, Author Of The Audio Book Lessons In Intimacy: The Lover's Touch; Karinna Kittles-Karsten, Author Of Intimate Wisdom: The Sacred Art Of Love; Ian Kerner, Ph.D., Author Of Passionista: The Empowered Woman's Guide To Pleasuring A Man; Sari Locker, Ph.D., Author Of The Complete Idiot's Guide To Amazing Sex; Carly Milne, Author Of Sexography; Brian Parker, Ph.D., Edd, Sex Expert For Foreverpleasure.Com; Pepper Schwartz, Ph.D., Author Of Prime: Adventures And Advice On Sex, Love, And The Sensual Years; Beverly Whipple, Ph.D., Coauthor Of The G-Spot And Other Discoveries About Human Sexuality And The Science Of Orgasm.