Single on New Year's Eve? Seriously, it's no big deal.
Sure, everyone is making plans with their significant others and you're probably feeling like a third wheel, but there's a way to survive New Year's without feeling alone and depressed. No, I'm not f*cking with you!
Here's the Single Girl's Guide to Surviving New Year's Eve:
1. Make sure you have your plans locked and loaded in advance. If you don't then get right on it. It's better to cancel plans on New Year's and stay at home, than to stay at home because you had no plans to begin with.
2. Try and work our plans with your single friends. Sure you love Kabir and Seher, and they're probably your best friends in the world, but you're going to hate them at midnight. So, try and hang out with peeps who want to celebrate for the same reasons you do: to just have fun. And if you must hang out with your couple BFFs, then make sure you cut out before 12. You'll thank us later Cinderella!
3. Dress to impress. You may be single, and everyone else may already have a date, but they still have eyes you know. Do put on your sexiest dress, channel your inner Beyonce, and work that room girl!
4. Dance! Always, always go to a party where dancing's involved. Even if you're not much of a dancer, make sure you're ruling the dance floor on this day. There's a reason why girls go dancing. It makes everything better, and we look damn good doing it!
5. Be sure to keep yourself occupied at midnight. There's nothing more depressing than watching other people kiss at midnight while simultaneously looking for the only other lonely pair of lips in the room. Be with your single girlfriends at that point, or rush to the washroom (in dire circumstances), but divert your mind.
6. Try not to get too wasted. We all know what happens when you have too many pent-up emotions and too much alcohol. Catastrophe!
7. Also, if fellow single being wants to give you a kiss at midnight, don't resist it. Unless of course he looks way creepy. It's one kiss, no harm. Just get in there, and get out.
8. Don't couple up just because you have to. There's unnecessary magic, expectations, and romance in the air that makes everything seem fairytale-like. So don't get swayed, because chances are you're going to regret it the next day.
9. Think of it as just another party. If you build it up in your head and keep thinking about it as the last day of 2015, you're bound to get depressed. Try to enjoy and have fun, because at the end of the day, it is the last day of 2015.
10. And finally, don't be too hard on yourself. If you want to stay in and watch movies, then do that. No one's judging you. Just make sure that that is in fact what you want to do. And if it is, then cheers to you girl. Because that is way cool!