1. It doesn't matter if you have to work late or pull a double, because you'll still get to see your partner. Most couples don't have this luxury, and it absolutely is a luxury. Is your partner complaining that they don't get to see you enough? Swing by their desk before you leave and up your average.
2. You go on a date seven times a week, and yes, the five lunch breaks you take count. In this case, it's about quantity, not quality. Unless you consider sitting in your break room along with the office weirdo eating vending machine food "quality." But still... that's an extra 5 dates a week!
3. When they tell you all about how "Jessica is pissed at Brad because he threw her under the bus and ratted her out to her manager" you know what (and who) they're talking about. Unlike other couples, who would be completely lost while listening to tales from work, you always know exactly what's going on, and these stories impact you, so you're more invested.
4. You share a mutual passion for how much you both hate Terry. When you need to vent about work, your partner is right there to trash talk everyone you hate, too. Venting to your partner is nice, but vindication? That's perfect.
5. You've had work sex in your car (at least) once. Don't lie. One of your "lunch breaks" was actually a "fuck break" and it made the second half of your workday so much more bearable.
6. They can sneakily help you when you get a huge last-minute assignment. For most couples, if you're struggling with your workload, their partner can only give them generic advice like, "Um, I believe in you." But your partner can also say, "Oh, well did you know these keyboard commands?" And you're like, "I love you."
7. When you're having a bad day, your partner can pop over and cheer you up, instead of just sending a text. It's way better than having to settle for a few texts or a quick phone call before you have to get back to work.
8. You're a professional power couple and you are CRUSHING IT when you work together on a project. It's way more satisfying to rise up the ranks alongside your boyfriend. At the very least, you daydream about one day running your company together.
9. You aren't jealous when your partner grabs drinks with the rest of the art department. Since you know everybody, there's no chance you're sitting at home freaking out about who they might be out there with. You're pretty sure he'll be home in an hour because the rest of the finance team isn't exactly known for their hard partying. Most of them are over 50 and have beer guts.
10. You don't have to worry about your partner standing around awkwardly at the office holiday party, because they can do their own thing. You barely even see each other at office functions, whether it's a company-sponsored happy hour or beer pong in Randy's garage.
11. They're like your own personal LinkedIn. A time may come when you're not working together anymore, and when that time comes, chances are you helped each other with that new job. It's like how medieval royal families would marry each other to consolidate power, except in this case, it's two graphic designers sharing an apartment and getting a pug.
By Frank Kobola
See the full story on Cosmopolitan.com