This #1 Ingredient Will Not Only Help You Get the Skin of Your Dreams, But Will Also Put You in a Happy Mood
You need to add this to your diet PRONTO!
While most of us are busy planning good hair days, we're slacking on skincare, and end up investing in expensive products to get a seemingly flawless look. In the age of Instagram, where hashtag #BeautyAddict is only encouraging you to buy more highlighter, concealers, and foundations, it's about time we sit you down to discuss real skincare. There are countless products that claim to perfect your skin by breaking the bank, but what if we told you that you need to start from within to get that natural glow you always wanted?
Instead of applying any and every fancy skincare product to test the results, here's one ingredient that you can add to your diet to clean your skin from within, without spending a bomb.
If you struggle with oiliness, redness, dullness, and acne on your face, Vitamin C is the only ingredient you need in your life RN!
Predictably, lemon or orange would top the list for being the richest source of Vitamin C, but to our surprise, these two ingredients did not even make it to the top five!
To get your daily dose of a minimum of 75 mg of Vitamin C, here are 20 foods that'll not only give you amazing skin, but also put you in a good mood:
- Black Currant — 1 cup = 203 milligrams (338% DV)
- Red Pepper — 1 cup = 190 milligrams (317% DV)
- Kiwifruit — 1 cup = 164 milligrams (273% DV)
- Guava — 1 fruit = 126 milligrams (209% DV)
- Green Bell Pepper — 1 cup = 120 milligrams (200% DV)
- Orange — 1 large = 98 milligrams (163% DV)
- Strawberries — 1 cup = 89 milligrams (149% DV)
- Papaya — 1 cup = 87 milligrams (144% DV)
- Broccoli — 1 cup, raw = 81 milligrams (135% DV)
- Kale — 1 cup, raw = 80 milligrams (134% DV)
- Parsley — 1 cup = 80 milligrams (133% DV)
- Pineapple — 1 cup = 79 milligrams (131% DV)
- Brussels Sprouts — 1/2 cup, cooked = 48 milligrams (81% DV)
- Cauliflower — 1 cup, raw = 46 milligrams (77% DV)
- Mango — 1 cup = 46 milligrams (76% DV)
- Lemon — 1 fruit = 45 milligrams (74% DV)
- Grapefruit — 1/2 fruit = 38 milligrams (64% DV)
- Honeydew — 1 cup = 32 milligrams (53% DV)
- Peas — 1 cup, cooked = 23 milligrams (38% DV)
- Tomatoes — 1 cup, raw = 23 milligrams (38% DV)
The benefits of consuming this humble vitamin don't just end here — this ingredient also helps you stay anxiety-free. Vitamin C acts as a powerful antioxidant that acts towards eliminating harmful free radicals in the body. The brain is especially susceptible to these free radicals.
Since vitamin C fights those free radicals, it can help keep your mood stable.
Here's the exact percentage you need for every age group, as per National Health Institute: