A fabulous hairstyle is, and will always remain one of the most important accessories to complete your look. The 92nd Annual Academy Awards happened in LA recently, and celebrities walked down the red carpet wearing the most bedazzling, glamorous gowns with stylish hairdos to match. Enviable updos, old-Hollywood curls, wispy bangs and highlighter-green roots, here are 15 hair moments we love from the 2020 Oscar red carpet.
1. Scarlett Johansson: Scarlett’s red carpet hair had a surprise 2020 update. With her hair pulled back in a loose updo, Scarlett used a silver string to secure it at the back to create an edgy, modern feel.
2. Saoirse Ronan: The Little Women actor hit the 2020 Oscar red carpet with short, wispy, front-facing bangs.
3. Natalie Portman: The bob continues to be THE most-favoured hairstyle in Hollywood, and Natalie Portman’s blunt, textured style ticks all the right boxes.
4. Cynthia Erivo: The Harriet star’s pearly-white short crop complimented her custom Versace gown to perfection.
5. Salma Hayek: 'Greek Goddess reinvented' seemed to be Salma’s brief, and boy did she deliver! An updo adorned with a filigree silver headpiece offset her ethereal white gown to perfection.
6. Janelle Monae: All eyes may have been on Janelle’s silver, hooded gown by designer Christian Siriano, but we must pay tribute to her smoothed-down do that was the perfect compliment to that crystal-bedecked hood.
7. Billie Eilish: Two-tone, highlighter green-and-black hair. Need we say more? With her jewel-encrusted black nails and head-to-toe Chanel, Billie Eilish owned her Oscar red carpet look.
8. Margot Robbie: Old Hollywood glamour was the mood of the moment, and Margot Robbie’s interpretation was a modern-day rendition. Her soft, flowing, romantic waves were the ideal complement to her billowy gown and red lip.
9. Charlize Theron: The actor’s deep-parted platinum pixie cut held an unexpected surprise, a black band on the back of her head.
10. Zazie Beetz: The Joker actor pulled-up her hair up in a top puff, and let her natural curls take centre stage.
11. Florence Pugh: The Little Women star and Best Supporting Actress nominee wowed at her first Oscar appearance wearing a soft, intricately knotted updo.
12. America Ferrera: A baby-bump flaunting America glowed as she walked down the red carpet, her hair pulled back in a gilded headband. Her pretty-do comes with a backstory, which we discovered courtesy her Instagram "#Oscars for the final farewell to 12 years of How to Train Your Dragon & my Berkian Warrior Queen Astrid," she wrote. “Tonight, I bring my own warrior ancestors with me, the indigenous Lenca tribe of Honduras."
13. Winnie Harlow: Mermaid waves and a cherry red lip made for a red carpet look that was glamorous, modern and easy to replicate.
14. Greta Gerwig: The Little Women director and nominee for Best Adapted Screenplay kept her blonde crop slicked-back and tucked to one side behind her ear.
15. Lucy Boynton: With a row of stunning pearls strung along her part, Lucy Boynton’s hair made for one of the most striking hair moments on the Oscar red carpet.
Haircare brand Tresemme recognises how the perfect hair look gives you the confidence to walk taller and conquer the world, on the Oscar red carpet and IRL.
Tresemme’s years of experience and expertise in the haircare industry has led them to understand that when you are looking your best, you feel empowered to be your best, and perform your best.