Ever wondered how fashion models and actors have flawless makeup on all the time, while you struggle to keep that kohl from bleeding or the foundation from looking cakey? Well you can’t get those makeup artists to work on you every time you have a zoom call but there are certain easy tricks and tip that you can try to ace flawless makeup. Celebrity makeup artist Vidya Tikari shares some pro tips you need to know.
1. Hydrate your skin before applying makeup. Moisturise your skin. To avoid your makeup from looking cakey, don’t use a foundation that’s thick, oil-free and non-transferable as it will become dry and crack around the expression lines. Try using an HD powder, with silica in it. Use a BB cream as base or mix the foundation with some serum or few drops of oil. This would give a natural glow to your skin.
2. Use ice cubes on the face before applying makeup. This tightens the pores and prepares the skin for a better and smoother application.
3. For a natural glow on the cheek, instead of using a powdery or shimmery highlighter, use Vaseline jelly or an Egyptian Magic Balm. You can also use it on the centre of the nose. It gives your skin a beautiful glow.
4. In monsoon, when your skin tends to sweat a lot try this simple trick. After moisturising the face, use an HD powder all over the skin and then start your makeup. The powder will lock in the moisturise, keep the skin clean and make the foundation last a lot longer.
5. Use your eyebrow pencil as a lip liner to give a natural contour on the lips. You can even use the eyebrow pencil, like a kohl pencil around the eyes, not inside the eyes but around the lash line. This gives a natural and a soft defined look.
6. To make your lipstick last longer, use a non-transferrable lipstick on top of a normal waxy lipstick because if you use it on normal lips it will get dry and crack.
7. To make lips look a little bit more prominent and sharp, after using a lip liner and lipstick, apply a concealer around the outside of your lips. Make sure the concealer is half a shade lighter than the foundation. This will really make the lips stand out.
8. To give a natural flushed look to your cheeks, use the same colour as your lipstick on your cheeks like a peachy pink shade. You can use it on your eyelids as well.
9. To make eyebrows look bushy naturally get an eyeliner brush dip it into a dark brown eyeliner or as the same colour as your hair and apply light brush strokes, on to your the eyebrows. So, instead of filling in brows with pencil you can actually create little strands of hair on your eyebrow, this looks a lot more natural.
10. To curl lashes without a curler use a spoon dipped in hot water. Apply mascara on your lashes and press them on the curved side of the warm spoon. The lashes will naturally curl up and out.