If you, like us, are happy to welcome the sunny days of summer and freshen up your look with a celebratory mani, we have some fabulous inspiration 'handpicked'. (sorry, we couldn't resist). Give your digits a stylish and colourful glow-up by trying out these exciting 2021 nail trends. Some are easy-peasy to paint on, a few might need a little practice and dexterity, but all of them are guaranteed to add oomph to your summer- style.
1. Negative Space Manis: Stylish and easy to maintain, incorporate your natural nails into your manicure for a look that is modern and lasts well beyond a week.
2. Velvet Finish Nails: This innovative new nail style will be everywhere in 2021. You might need to invest in some special magnetic or gel polish (refer to the tutorial below) to achieve this look, but the oomph factor is totally worth it bbs.
3. Colourful French Manis: Move over bohrrring, classic French manicures and make way for the brightly kitted-out 2021 version. This style is easy and striking, and it looks great on shorter nail lengths as well. P.S. Go neon to really stand out.
4.Shapes and Waves: An extended version of the negative space style, get creative with what you paint and add a touch of personality to your manicure.
5. Pastels and Tie-Dye Nails: Pastels are a summer staple, and you can add some beachy vibes to your daily look with these fresh, tie-dye tips.
6. Alternate Colour or Skittle Nails: These look exactly like the candy they are named after. Alternate similar shades, go completely neon, contrasting or tonal, it's all up to you. Have fun with this look, and trim your nails down for the best results.
7. Animal Print Nails: Animal prints might not be trending for SS21 outfits, but they are in vogue for summer nails. You might need a striping brush (easily available online) to paint these on, and create any fun pattern you like. Here's some inspiration in zebra, to get you started.
8. Shades of Blue and Green: It's not surprising that the colours of a sunny sky or grassy meadow are trending for SS21, and after that dreary winter, we are more than pleased. Paint on any shade you fancy, and enjoy the hues of summer. You don't need to draw on the clouds that are shown here, but we will approve if you choose to!
9. Checkered Tips: Put your stash of polishes to good use and use them all to create this fun, checkered pattern. Grab a couple of fine-tip striping brushes (easily available online) to help you stay neat.
With Trend Inputs from www.cosmopolitan.com