Actors Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal got married in a private ceremony yesterday at the Six Senses Fort Barwara in Rajasthan. The actor looked gorgeous as ever in a classic red Sabyasachi lehenga while she kept it simple with her make-up look. We could not help but be in awe of the photos currently trending on social media.
Her look is indeed a refreshing change from the usual bold make-up that brides choose. To keep it minimal for her day wedding, she went for kohled-rimmed eyes with a barely-there nude lip shade, and a flawless base. Read on to get some inspo for your big day or recreate her look with our decoded steps below.
Celebrity make-up artist Daniel Bauer went on to create a fuss-free look for Katrina's big day which was further elevated with a chic bun. Daniel tells Cosmo India, "As a makeup artist, my beauty philosophy is to see the person first and the makeup second."
As someone who always likes to keep it sublime with her make-up, it looked magnificent as the actor went for a clean palette. Without a doubt, it was the best decision she made given how intricately her trousseau was designed.
Recreate Katrina's make-up look in 8 easy steps below:
1. Begin with a dewy luminous moisturiser to hydrate and nourish your skin. Since it is a day wedding, do not forget to apply your sunscreen. For areas that have slightly open pores, opt for a pore-minimising or a silicon primer that fills in the open pores for a smooth canvas.
Smashbox Photo Finish The Original Smooth & Blur Primer, ₹990
2. Next, begin applying colour correcter to places that are pigmented. Use orange or a peach colour-correcter as per the intensity of discolouration. Apply a concealer on top and begin blending it. This is a great way to keep your base products to the minimum and it also ensures your face does not end up looking cakey.
Pixi Pat Away Concealing Base, ₹1590
3. Build the coverage further with a lightweight foundation. Using a kabuki brush or a beauty blender, start blending the foundation for a flawless finish and dab until there are no streaks on your face.
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, ₹4,853
4. Set the base with a compact or a loose powder especially under the eyes and T-zone (if you have combination/oily skin) as well as the smile lines. Spritz a make-up setting spray to set the deal in place!
Maybelline New York Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder,₹695
5. Focusing on the eyes, use your good ol' bronzer or a light brown eyeshadow to offer some dimension to your eyelids. Place the product on the crease and blend it using a soft blending brush. Line your eyes with kohl that is smudge-free and waterproof.
Too Faced Killer Kajal, ₹1,450
Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer, ₹1,630
6. Add a few coats of mascara for fluttery lashes and fill your eyebrows with a brow pencil or a pomade for natural, bushy brows like the actor.
Huda Beauty LEGIT Lashes Double-Ended Mascara, ₹2,250
7. Use the same bronzer on your cheekbones for a sun-kissed effect. Next, add a muted pink blush to bring back colour to your face.
Kay Beauty Matte Blush- Soft Nude, ₹799
8. Complete the look with muted pink lipstick because “less is more”!
Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution - Pillow Talk Medium, ₹3,150
Katrina's complete the look with a centre-parted hair bun which was pulled back neatly to bring attention to her matha patti, nath and jhumkis. This mid-rise bun was wrapped in fresh white flowers by hairstylist Amit Thakur.