The best hairstyle is the one that makes you feel confident and emphasises your best angles. So before getting a your hair done you need to understand your face shape. So what is a square face shape? In a square face, the width and length of the face is almost the same size with prominent cheekbones and angular jawline. Some of the famous celebrities who have this type of a face shape are Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, Natalie Portman and closer home Kareena Kapoor Khan. Bony Sasidharan, national key accounts manager, technical, Schwarzkopf Professional India says, “If you have a square face, you should avoid any hairstyles that requires the hair to be completely swept away from the face unless and until you want to achieve that fierce warrior look. Try to wear your hair with middle parting or with a side sweep so that you frame the face and the face appears less wide and much softer.”
He further explains that hairstyles with volume on the crown area can make the face look longer but you can leave few strands or curls around the hairline to soften the face instead of brushing everything back. “While opting for a haircut go with a one length bob slightly below the chin or medium length haircut with short layers. Soft curls and beach waves are some of the most popular hairstyles for a Square face shape,” he adds. Bony rounds up a few hairdos that will flatter your face shape.
1. Prep the hair using a little serum and then blow dry it.
2. Divide the hair with middle part so that the style can frame the face better. Use a medium size tong to add some light wavy curls.
3. Brush open the hair using using paddle brush.
1.Prep the hair using some setting mousse and blow dry.
2. Divide the hair with a middle parting. Use medium-sized tong around the nape area for extra volume and larger size tong for the crown section so that the curls appear softer around the face.
3. Brush open the hair using using paddle brush and spray a small amount of setting spray for a long-lasting result.
1.Prep the hair using some mousse and blow dry.
2. Use large round brush for blow dry and volume.
3. Sprinkle small amount of magnifying powder mousse to achieve texture and tousled look.
1. This is an ideal hairstyle for someone who has square face shape and wants to keep their short
2. Blow dry the hair using some volume cream to keep the hair frizz free
3. Brush the hair forward, sweep it over the forehead and tuck it behind the ears. To secure this style use a setting spray.
1. Blast dry the hair.
2. Take small half inch thick section and iron each section 3 to 4 times. Remember to keep you sections smaller for a long lasting result.
3. Finish it with an anti frizz serum.