- Go to Bed, Make-Up Free: Try to avoid make-up when you have acne. When you do wear make-up, ensure that you remove it before going to bed as your skin breathes and repairs itself overnight.
- CTM: Cleansing, followed by toning and moisturizing is indispensable in the morning as well as in the night. Doing so will keep wrinkles, blemishes and spots at bay in the long run.
- Exfoliate Regularly: For a soft and supple skin, exfoliation should be treated as an important part of your skincare routine. Remove dead skin cells and rejuvenate your skin twice in a week using your fave scrub.
- Don't Underestimate the Power of SPF: Sun rays are extremely harmful for the skin as they cause tanning, premature ageing and wrinkles. Never ignore your sunscreen even when it's cloudy.
- Stay Hydrated: Flush out harmful toxins and keep skin hydrated at all times by drinking 8-10 glasses of water everyday.
- Get Enough Sleep: Relax your mind and skin by getting a minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep every day.
- Consume Enough Vitamin C: A healthy skin requires a diet that is a mix of essential vitamins and nutrients. Eat three square meals and Vitamin C rich foods like Grapefruit, Orange, Guava etc.
With inputs from Dr. Neena Chopra, Director, Beauty and Technical-Just Herbs.
Follow Nikita on Twitter.