While mainstream female actors today seem to be breaking the pattern and going all out to express their friendship with one another, there still exist a few contemporaries that make their "feelings" for each other clear, pretty well.
Right here, we're talking about the cold war between two leading actresses of Bollywood, Deepika Padukone and Anushka Sharma. Besides a common partner aka Ranveer Singh to be romantically involved with (we obviously mean at different times!), their cold vibes stem from many other instances.
The media has often interviewed the two about one another, and always made this observation that Anushka and Deepika never really shared a very cordial relationship. Even though, reports of the two bonding at Shah Rukh Khan's 49th birthday bash hinted at a possible friendship, their rift was even more evident from the fact, that while the two were present during one of the matches of the International Premier Tennis League in Delhi, they reportedly didn't even greet each other.
Last year, when Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma, who are apparently pretty pally with one another, graced the couch on Koffee With Karan—their drop-dead silence at the mention of a 'friendship' with Deepika—spoke volumes about the nature of their relationship with her! Factor in Katrina's personal reasons to not jell with Deepika, (remember this person called Ranbir Kapoor?) one can get quite an idea that the two actors were not kidding when they said they're not really friends with DP.
However, the latter was gracious enough to show she's oh-so-cool with the public display of honest cold vibes, in a simple tweet!
Here are 5 quotes by them that hint at the same rivalry:
1. "I didn't become an overnight star like Deepika Padukone. No one put me on the covers of magazines and called me the next big thing. No one said that 'she is the one to look out for' (laughs)… I stayed put, as I really wanted to act in films that I am proud of. I have acted only in seven films in six years and now I am considered one of the topmost actresses." -Anushka Sharma
2. "There is no comparison between Deepika and me. Nothing links us. We do different kind of films. In fact, she has done more films. I've been choosy and not picked up just about any role that came my way." - Anushka Sharma
3. "Look at the heroes; they don't indulge in such things. And that's why I find it easier to be friends with them. A friend of Deepika had called up (the media) to say that she is doing Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and not Anushka. My friends don't call, do they? I am Anurag Kashyap's and Rajkumar Hirani's choice. She is Ayan Mukerji's and whoever's. I never pull anybody down. That makes me nice, right?" - Anushka Sharma
4. "Stop throwing garbage at me since I don't throw garbage at you. We call ourselves cool but we are actually not. I'm in a good position and nobody can take it away from me." - Anushka Sharma
5. "I wouldn't say it is a competition. But sometimes you have a certain feeling for other people and they don't necessarily feel the same way about you. But that's okay. I am extremely fond of Katrina and Anushka professionally and personally. I wish them all the best." - Deepika Padukone