Our cover star Sonam K Ahuja is in a happy place. Oh, and she’s also in a very busy place. Her film Zoya Factor just released, and she has been keeping busy managing her label Rheson and traveling the world with her husband Anand Ahuja.
Apart from films and fashion, Sonam is also known for being an opinionated feminist. From socio-political to gender issues, she has always spoken her mind. However, as anyone will tell you, being a woman with an opinion on the Internet has its repercussions. In fact, a recent study discovered that women are more likely to be attacked than men, for the same opinion. Sonam has a different take on it, though. “It’s not about being a woman or a man...anyone who has an opinion on the Internet is met with all kinds of voices. Some agree others don’t. The best way to deal with it is to let people say what they want to,” she adds wisely.
But that’s not all there is to Sonam’s online presence. She’s a fierce cheerleader of friends, a promoter and supporter of other women’s careers and talents. If you pop over to her Instagram account, you’ll find several posts dedicated to the concept of ‘girl tribe’. It is a practice that is as delightful as it is rare. “As people from the same industry, it’s important to encourage and support those who work hard. Sisterhood is an important part of my life, and I am surrounded by some amazing people. So when they put in so much effort, I like to encourage them,” says Sonam. We then asked Sonam to take the Cosmo quiz. Here's what she had to say...
1) The best love advice I’ve ever got is...to be patient with my partner and always be honest.
2) My favourite kind of date is...dinner and movie, or a really long walk.
3) The most impulsive thing I’ve ever done is...to Tweet something.
4) My nighstand drawer has... my eye cream and a book.
5) The last text I received was...an interview schedule for
the next day.
6) I feel powerful when...I speak the truth.
7) The most hurtful thing I’ve ever heard about myself is...that I’m a starkid, and I’ll always have it easy.
8) If I had to trade my life with a celebrity, it would be with...Rihanna. I love her!
9) One thing that’s bothering me right now...nothing TBH! I’m in a happy place—both personally and professionally.