I switched on my Hewlett Packard laptop, signed into Facebook using a Yahoo email address and scrolled down to see a video link that redirected me to Youtube.
This is a usual day in anyone’s life, nothing special about it, you’d say. But if you think from the perspective of the technologies we are using and the people at the helm of these tech giants, you would infer (with pride) that all these companies have women at top positions. We bring you the list of 5 of the most powerful women in tech:
1. Marissa Ann Mayer: An American businesswoman and investor. Marissa is an information technology executive, and co-founder of Lumi Labs. She formerly served as the president and chief executive officer of Yahoo!, a position she held from July 2012.
2. Sheryl Kara Sandberg: American social media executive, author, and billionaire, Sheryl is the chief operating officer (COO) of Facebook and founder of Leanin.org.
3. Virginia Mary Rometty: An American business executive. Virginia is the current chair, president, and CEO of IBM, and the first woman to head the company.
4. Susan Diane Wojcicki: An American technology executive, Susan has been the Chief Executive Officer of YouTube since February 2014.
5. Margaret Cushing Whitman: The American business executive, political activist, and philanthropist, Margaret has served as President and CEO of Hewlett Packard Enterprise. She is currently the CEO of Quibi, the short-form mobile video platform, and serves on the boards of Procter & Gamble and Dropbox.