1. The iconic 'Jalsa' was gifted to Amitabh Bachchan by director Ramesh Sippy as a remuneration for acting in his movie, 'Satte Pe Satta'.
2. The house was originally under the name of Amitabh's brother, Ajitabh Bachchan's wife Ramola Bachchan. According to sources, this was done for tax related issues. In 2006 Jalsa was registered under Jaya Bachchan's name.
3. Amitabh Bachchan always greets the fans who gather outside his house on Sunday evening. This is now a ritual where sometimes his other family members also join him.
4. This beautiful bungalow has a living area of 10,125 sq ft. The spectacular spiral staircase in this twin storey house with assorted family photos adorning its walls gives a distinct character to the house.
5. The first movie shot in the premises of Jalsa was Anurag Kashyap's short film titled Murabba in Bombay Talkies. However, the interiors were not captured in the movie.
6. The Bachchan family's current residence Jalsa is just 1Km away from Amitabh's childhood home, Prateeksha.