1. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan made her acting debut with the Tamil flick Iruvar, in 1997.
2. She became the first Indian actress to be a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival in 2003.
3. Initially, Aishwarya wanted to pursue a career in medicine. Later, she dropped the idea and decided to study architecture and got enrolled at Rachana Sansad Academy of Architecture. The actor, however, she quit studies to get into modelling.
4. Aishwarya was in 9th grade when she got featured in her first commercial ad for Camlin Pencils.
5. In 2012, Aishwarya was awarded Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French government.
6. There are tulips named after her at the Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands.
7. Aishwarya shot the famous Pepsi ad with Aamir Khan in just one night during the Mumbai riots in 1992-93.
8. The 43-year-old actor collects all news articles which are written on her.