Finding a pair that's perfectly suited to your body can be tricky. (It's way too easy to fall into the too-tight, muffin-top, or flat-butt zone.) Here are six ways to make sure your skinnies fit like a glove. 1. Go for high-waisted over low.Jeans that cinch above your hips have many benefits: They accentuate your curves in all the right places, eliminate the risk of plumber's crack and muffin top, and conceal that lower-back tat when you don't want to show it off. Win-win-win.
2. Make sure the zipper functions properly.It should go up all the way to the button closure, and have a strong grip so it doesn't slip down when you move. Otherwise, you might flash your undies at an inopportune time say, when you're about to give a presentation to your boss.
3. Watch where the jeans cut off.Your jeans should hit right above the ankle bone so they work with both heels and sneakers. Excess fabric at the bottom can look sloppy, and too-short jeans can make your legs look stumpier or thicker than they actually are.
4. Leave yourself some leg room.If you can't easily pull your skinnies over your calves or thighs, go up one size. Your jeans should fit snugly against your skin, but you should also be able to do basic things like squat to pick up a pen without maneuvering like a gymnast.
5. Pockets should be high and close.The back pockets should sit squarely without pulling or showing the pocket lining. For a visual booty lift, choose jeans with pockets that are high and close together - wide, saggy pockets will make your derriere look just that: wide and saggy.
6. Give your crotch some space.It seems like an obvious point, but even beloved T-Swift has fallen victim to the camel toe conundrum. If you see or feel even an inkling of friction in the crotch region, try a pair with a little more room in the butt (it'll add some space between the front and back). You'll thank us later.