Did you know some of your seemingly innocent actions might be hindering you from getting a promotion at work? It's true! Here are 7 ways you may be tripping yourself at work without even knowing!
1) You are not interested in learning. The worse attitude to have at work is being a know-it-all or refusing to learn something new or different.
2) You gossip too much. Spending valuable time and energy gossiping can leave you with missed deadlines and can get you in real trouble with management. If you find out insider information, it's best to keep it to yourself.
3) You are too arrogant. No one wants to work with someone who is cocky. Staying humble and polite shows your employers that you are mature and capable of working well with others.
4) You complain too much. Everyone is allowed to complain here and there but being known as the girl who always complains if not a good for your reputation or your overall attitude.
5) You are vocally negative. The golden rule to remember at any job is to always be professional. Therefore being negative about colleagues or assignments can give your management a terrible impression of your character.
6) You spend too much time doing anything but work. When you are at work, your #1 priority is getting work done. If you are spend a good portion of your day doing personal errands/projects, not only could it land you in hot water, you are not being productive.
7) You bring your personal life to work. Unless it is an emergency, personal phone calls/text messages/chats/visits/emails (you get the idea) are a big no-no at work. Also, important: Keep your dirty laundry to yourself and do not ever share your personal business with coworkers.