If you say RIP to all your weight loss resolutions half-way through every year, drink alcohol to unwind every weekend, and think it was all fun and games till your jeans didn't fit, don't worry we can totally relate.
The conflict between 'we eat to live' and 'we live to eat' will stretch to the end of time, but here's how you can be smart about your eating habits. Turns out, our ancestors had it right all along: Ayurveda's super easy weight loss recipe has the ability to transform you.
There are a million ways to lose weight out there. From swallowing a balloon to making healthy alternative swaps, the Internet holds a pool of bizarre weight loss tricks to choose from. But the question is, why resort to bizarre, when you can follow a simple and healthy regime that has proved to be fail-proof even in the medieval time?
Obesity being one of the major concerns mankind has battled, it's only about time that we go old school and take a few tips off that time for a healthier you.
'Cos it's not just about being in shape, issues related to weight can trigger signs of major health problems later.
So, here's your better safe than sorry guide to get back in shape.
BASIC RULES TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE FOLLOWING THE REGIMEN
- Eat three square meals. All meals need be consumed at a fixed hour.
- Support your regime with moderate exercise or yoga.
- Avoid eating wrong combination of foods.
- Foods that contain chemicals, pesticides, and chemical fertilisers need be avoided.
- Reduce your daily calorie intake drastically or replace them with healthy alternatives (for example swap potato chips for popcorn).
- Don't underestimate the power of getting proper rest. Getting your eight hours of zzzz's is super important, peeps!
LIFESTYLE CHANGES TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU GO AHEAD WITH THIS PLAN
- Make Triphala a part of your diet. The herb being a combination of three dried Indian superfruits–phyllanthus emblica, haritaki, and bibhitaki, helps detoxify your system and prepare you for this weight loss technique.
- Include spices such as cumin, turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon to your foods. Click here to learn more about weight loss spices.
- Drink warm lemon water, first thing in the morning.
- Choose teas over coffee! Click here to see that the delish teas you can sip to fasten your metabolism and drop some kilos faster.
AYURVEDIC RECIPE TO LOSE FAT
- Boil 4 to 5 cups of water in the morning.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds to the water and let it boil for about 5 minutes, keeping the lid on.
- Strain out the seeds and pour the liquid into a container.
- The goal is to sip this solution throughout the day. So you may pack it in a bottle and drink it all day leaving proper gaps between servings.
- The solution is most effective when consumed hot or warm. Consider microwaving it for a few seconds when taking the last few servings of the day.
So, are we game ?