So we all know that waking up early is an amazing habit of successful people, yet so many of us are just not able to get out of bed! If you have finally decided to make a change in your life and join the 'early risers' army, read on to find out how you can become a morning person and love waking up at the crack of dawn!
1) Sleep an hour early. If you want to wake up early, you should start off by going to be earlier the night before. Try to make it a habit to go to bed an hour prior to your normal bedtime.
2) Start waking up 10 minutes earlier everyday. To avoid being discouraged or shocking your body, start by waking up just 10 minutes earlier each day and build it up from there.
3) Stop hitting the snooze button. Snooze button = ultimate frustration. Constantly hitting the snooze button may make you feel like you are getting extra sleep, but you will just wake up feeling more tired. Get up as soon as the first alarm goes off and kick the snooze habit to the curb!
4) Work out! We know, we know! Who the heck actually wants to work out in the morning? But the truth is, working out in the morning is so beneficial to your body! Exercising in the early hours will increase your energy for the rest of the day. Bonus: You don't have to worry about dragging yourself to the gym after a long day of work AND it will also help to make you sleep better at night!
5) Lay out your clothes the night before. Laying out your clothes the night before already gives you a head start in the morning! It will also give you a bit extra time to do something you love in the morning!
6) Don't look at your emails. Looking at work emails when you first wake up can instantly put off your mood. Make it a conscious habit to not glance at your emails in the morning. You can save that for when you get to work!
7) Do something you love! Whether it is listening to the radio, having a quickie, or spending 25 minutes doing your makeup, do something in the morning that brings you joy! It will be a great start to your day, as it will put you in good mood from the beginning!
8) Plan your day! It doesn't have to be long lists, but calmly plan what you want to accomplish during the day. Creating a short list in the morning is a great step to achieving those goals.
9) Grab some coffee! Don't wait to get to the office to have your coffee, prepare a fresh cup to sip as you get ready! Coffee will wake you up and get you going for the rest of the day!