We've all heard of foods you can't eat, to lose weight. But foods, that will never make you gain weight? Is that even a thing?
Skip the heavy dieting, and munch into these foods during your snack-time instead. And you won't even feel guilty for overindulging.
Even though there is no such thing as 'zero-calorie' food, you can still enjoy these, without the worry of packing on kilos.
How's that possible? Well, nutritionist, Dr Lisa Young, explains how.
- They're mostly made up of water.
- They're low in calories.
- They contain fiber, to help you feel and stay full.
Excuse us, while we go stock up our pantries.
1. Celery - Almost 95% of it is water!
2. Kale - As much as you hate it, one cup of kale, only has 33 calories.
3. Blueberries - One cup has about 85 calories, but it's super-rich in antioxidants.
4. Cucumber - It's mostly made up of water, and only has 16 calories per serving.
5. Tomatoes - One, medium sized tomato, only has 25 calories, but it's full of vitamins.
6. Grapefruit - It's so high in fibre, that it helps you lose weight. And one half of a grapefruit, only has 50 calories.
7. Broccoli - It only has 33 calories, per serving, and is super-rich in vitamins.
8. Cauliflower - Only 25 calories, per serving. So get started with the new cauliflower rice, trend.
9. Blackberries - It has some incredible health benefits, and only contains 62 calories, in a single serving.
10. Lettuce - Any type of lettuce, only has 10-20 calories, per serving, making your caesar salad even lighter, than you imagined.
11. Oranges - Apart from being rich in vitamin C, one medium-sized orange, only has 80 calories.
12. Strawberries - Everyone's favourite fruit, only has 50 calories, per serving. Does strawberries covered in chocolate, count? ?