I am an unapologetic foodie! A girl's gotta eat but alas a girl's also gotta look good for all those Instagram selfies so what's a girl to do?
These 5 tips will allow you enjoy all the delicious food you crave without putting on a ton of weight, you might even lose a couple of pounds while at it.
1) Drink two glasses of water before any meal or snack. Water aids digestion, helps speed up your metabolism and reduces the space left in your tummy so you don't over eat!
2) Don't eat after 6pm. This takes some discipline but time yourself, set a 5.30pm alarm to remind you to go get some food around that time and if you have to go to a party, a doggy bag to take home some sweet treats will stop you from feeling cheated. You can always microwave and eat them for breakfast. Avoiding late night meals guarantees a flatter tummy regardless of your size.
3) Drink lemon water to kill cravings. Drinking a glass of water with some fresh lemon juice squeezed into it helps in killing cravings especially sugar cravings.
4) Take pride in some leg work. Chores, taking the stairs, walks, anything that makes you get off the couch and on your two feet will burn calories and no one's even talking about exercise. Throw in dancing to your favorite jamz and you are on your way to a slimmer you!
5) Get creative with smoothies. Healthy doesn't have to be boring. Fruits are a great source of vitamins and a smoothie makes a nice snack or dessert, whatever goes into making it delicious is entirely up to you.
So who said staying in shape had to be insane?
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.ng