1. He knows what 'hangry' is, and has solid solutions to your 'I'm hungry, but I don't know what I want' dilemmas.
2. Your friends love him. Because girl, love can be blind. Your BFF can see through the BS your rose-tinted glasses can't.
3. You fight clean. No threats of breakups, no character assassinations, just solid 'you're frustrating me so much right now' kinda talk.
4. You want him to get along with your parents. Because that whole 'being with someone your parents hate' is so high school.
5. He's seen you at your worst (i.e. on a Saturday morning after getting home at 3am post-brunch. Or on day two of a hardcore flu) and instead of running, wants to look after you.
6. You have the same idea of romance. If that's chilling at home with a movie, awesome—as long as you're on the same page. If he's more dinner-for-two at a rooftop restaurant and you're more PJs and F.R.I.E.N.D.S reruns, you're bound to have problems.
7. He supports you. And that means not whining that he never sees you when he knows you're pulling serious overtime because that sweet new promotion is looming. Even better, it means him having dinner waiting for you when you finally get home.