We all love pizza and we have absolutely no shame in admitting it. But have you ever wondered why we humans adore pizza so much? Apparently there's scientific evidence to support our love for pizza. The University of Michigan conducted a study which examined foods that display addictive tendencies, and (unsurprisingly) pizza topped the list.
There's also six other reasons why we love pizza SO MUCH:
- It's a universal comfort food because there's nothing pizza can't cure. Heartbreak? Got you. Bad day? Got you. Sickness? Got you again.
- It reduces the risk of oesophageal cancer. The secret is in lycopene, an antioxidant chemical in tomatoes, it is thought to offer some protection against cancer.
- It doesn't matter how you like it, whether you like plain cheese pizza or one that's got a skyscraper of toppings, it's still pizza
- It is basically love. No, really. Pizza is a personification of love in its purest form- irrevocable and unconditional
- It's really easy to make! You don't need to be a gourmet chef to master the art of the pizza. If you have a working kitchen and an internet connection, you're good to go! (Hint: when in a fix, resort to bread pizza--it's just as delicious)!
- Pizza's the bae that won't give up on you, won't annoy you and won't disappoint you.
Are you hungry yet? Because we sure are…