13 Things That Make a Guy Instant Boyfriend Material
#9 just screams, "YOU MUST DATE THIS GUY IMMEDIATELY."
1. He makes actual plans with you. Sorry, but, "Oh, yeah, let's hang sometime!" doesn't count as real plans. If he says, "Are you free on Tuesday to check out that new pizza place?" and then actually follows through with it, that's a real plan.
2. He remembers tiny details from your conversations and brings them up months later. Don't lie, this makes your stomach turn into a puddle of golden retrievers and rainbows. Especially when he remembers something really sentimental, like exactly what you were wearing the first time you met.
3. Not only does he watch your Snapchats, he actually responds to them. If you have a Snapchat streak going, you might as well just get married now. Kidding. (Not?)
4. Texting feels effortless. Your texts look like novels, and it's easy to flow from one subject to the next. Your ~connection~ means that you don't need to agonize over every. single. freaking. text. with a committee of friends. And whenever his name pops up on your screen, you can't help but break into a huge grin.
5. He's serious about his future. Sure, he doesn't have to have everything figured out (who does?), but if he doesn't have the maturity to care about applying to college or kicking off his career, what makes you think he has the maturity to care about a relationship?
6. He doesn't care if he looks goofy when he dances. Actually, he kind of embraces the dorky dance moves. Goofballs make the best boyfriends. It's science.
7. He's nice to his mom and the cafeteria lady. This is a cliché for a reason: if a person is truly lovely to the women in his life and the people who help make his life easier, he's going to be lovely when it comes to you, too.
8. He's adorable with cute animals. Just saying, there's something about watching a big dude melt over a tiny kitten that screams, "YOU MUST DATE THIS GUY IMMEDIATELY."
9. He makes you laugh. Not in a "oh, ha, ha, I should laugh because I want him to like me" kind of way, but in a "holy crap, why is soda shooting out of my nose right now?!" kind of way. (For the record, most guys aren't amazing at picking up on subtle social cues, so laughing at his bad jokes doesn't make him think you like him. It just makes him think his bad jokes are funny.)
10. You two are obsessed with the same TV shows. This isn't a foolproof sign that you're MFEO, but it does make future Netflix dates way easier.
11. He doesn't talk trash about his ex or call her "crazy." You always hope a guy is gentlemanly like this, because if. ugh, things go south between you two, he'll at least behave himself.
12. He clearly respects women. Whatever end of the spectrum he's on — from attending Planned Parenthood rallies with you to just telling his guy friends to knock it off when they make offensive rape jokes — this is so important.
13. He rolls up his sleeves just so. Why is this legit the hottest thing ever? It's just sleeves!