1. My cat-eye is completely crooked.
Fix: Even out your line with a pointy cotton swab dipped in oil-free remover, which won’t smudge the rest of your make-up. Gigi’s secret weapon: this micellar water by Bioderma.
- Johnson’s Baby Cotton Buds, Rs. 70
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O, Rs. 599
2. I overfilled my brows. Now, they’re more freaky than fleeky.
Fix: Brush hairs upwards with a clean spoolie (or a clean mascara wand) to diffuse, says Gigi. The bristles grip onto and remove excess product. You can also use a small, angled brush, dipped in creamy concealer (peep her fave by M·A·C) to polish the edges. Bodyography’s dual-ended tool offers both brushes.
- M·A·C Studio Finish SPF35 Concealer, Rs. 1,500
- Bodyography Brow Brush, Rs. 1,475, on amazon.in
3. I have VFL (visible foundation line).
Fix: Whether your foundation is a shade off or it oxidised post--application (very common), a damp beauty blender is your friend, says Gigi. “Blend the line with the round side, focusing on the perimeter of your face.”
- Sephora Beautyblender, Rs. 1,400
4. I sneezed while applying mascara.
Fix: Removing wet mascara marks can create a bigger mess, so “first and foremost, wait five minutes for it to dry,” says Gigi. Then wipe it with a clean cotton swab or make-up remover tool (Givenchy’s has a precise marker-like tip).
- Givenchy Mister Perfect Instant Makeup Eraser, Rs. 3,100, amazon.in
5. I overstrobed and look like a disco ball.
Fix: Just contour, says Gigi. Sweep bronzer on cheekbones to dull the shine.
- M·A·C Contour Kit, Rs. 3,100
6. I applied way too much blush.
Fix- To tone down the redness without redoing your whole face, “swirl powder foundation on cheeks with a fluffy brush,” says Gigi.
- M·A·C 127 Vibe Tribe Split Fibre Face Brush, Rs. 2,450
- Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation, Rs. 4,030