The way you apply mascara can make or break your appearance. Glamorous, thick and well-styled lashes can take your look from drab to fab in just a few flicks of a mascara wand. Just ask Kim K, we hear she is a believer! If you can't quite figure out how to apply the perfect coat(s) of mascara to your peepers, worry not. We got celebrity makeup artist Shraddha Naik, whose list of clients include Shraddha Kapoor and Alia Bhatt, to give us an easy, step-by-step guide on how to apply mascara like a pro. Read on as Shraddha spills the tea on getting that perfect 'lashes for miles' look, every single time![instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/B9QXQgfhAGt/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading[/instagram]
1. Before you apply your mascara apply a lash curler. Though it sounds a little tricky, it's fairly simple once you get the knack of it.
Shu Umura curler Rs. 4,290 at Amazon.in
2. Place your lashes on the pad of the curler without pinching any skin on your cheeks. Hold for ten counts and repeat on the other side. According to her, this is a very important step which makes a huge difference.
3. Use a mascara of your choice. Shraddha recommends the MAC Haute and Naughty Too Black mascara.
MAC Haute and Naughty Too Black Mascara Rs.1,650 at Shoppersstop.com
4. Apply the mascara by moving your wand in an upward, zig-zag motion so that the product reaches all your lashes. Make sure you don't forget the inner corners.
5. Never pump the mascara. This makes bacteria go into the tube and also causes your product to dry sooner. When you do need the extra product, just twist the wand instead.
6. In case you have any lumps, take a dry wand and comb through your lashes.
7. Don't forget to apply some product carefully on your lower lashes as well.
So there you have it, your easy-peasy MUA approved steps to applying mascara like a pro. Watch Shraddha's makeup tutorial to learn how to apply mascara like a makeup artist, and watch her complete no-makeup tutorial as a bonus as well.