Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone who have been dating for several years now, but have never openly accepted their relationship, are the next couple on the list (you know, after Sonam-Anand and Virat-Anushka), who fans can't wait to witness making it official! Even though they keep posting mushy comments on each other's 'gram posts, but to the media, the couple has always remained tight-lipped about any marriage plans. In fact, Ranveer had dissed the idea in conversation with India Today, clearly stating, "I don't know where that's coming from, but yes, of course, these are things I think about...As much as I am consumed by work at the moment, these things are on my mind. But there's nothing decisive, as of now."
Energy-bomb Ranveer and DP have been dropping a hint, now and then, which may be their subtle way of letting the cat out of the bag. After all, this seems to be the trend in celeb world now, with everyone seeking an intimate, private wedding that is disclosed to the world, only at the eleventh hour.
Here are some instances that we pulled out, till now.
1. Let's talk about sources. Many "close" sources have claimed to know the deets about this wedding. According to Bollywoodshaadis.com, reports suggest that Deepika and Ranveer are going to have a winter wedding in Mumbai itself. A source was quoted as saying, “The whole team has been asked not to take any leaves during that period. From the make-up artist to her manager and even her team of publicists have been requested to be available for the wedding”.
Another source close to the couple had earlier stated that DeepVeer’s wedding will be an intimate ceremony, away from the media glare. It was reported, “Both Ranveer and Deepika are extremely private and do not wish to have a lavish wedding with a long guest list. The ceremony will be away from the media glare, classy and intimate, with only family and close friends in attendance. That’s the plan”.
Not only that, report in Spotboye suggested that the wedding will take place on November 19. The couple will get hitched in Mumbai and will have a three-day function starting from November 18 followed by Deepika hosting a reception in Bangalore for her relatives and close friends.
Now we don't know how much truth lies in these reports but they certainly do not seem fabricated, or so we would personally like to believe!
2. Follow me baby! Recently, Deepika and Ranveer seem to be getting cosy with each other's families, which was evident when not only did Anisha Padukone and Ranveer Singh follow each other on Instagram, but even Deepika started following Ranveer Singh's mother, Anju Bhavnani on the social media platform.
3. Deepika Padukone and Anil Kapoor bumped into each other at a leading magazine's event. But the thing to take away from here is this video snippet that has been going viral on the Internet. The audio is not very audible, but people think that Anil Kapoor is asking her about her ongoing wedding rumours, to which she gave a shy, red-faced nod. Look for yourself!
Did DP really spill the beans to the new Daddy-in-law?
4. In an interview with Film Companion's Anupama Chopra, Deepika spoke on handling success, her wish to endorse the #TimesUp movement, and also—wait for it—what she feels about working after marriage!
"It’s too much a part of my life for me to say I can walk away from work. But I think that home, family, parents, marriage—these things are very important for me. Today I can see myself as a working wife or mother. I think I’d drive everybody around me mad if I didn’t work."
Just the fact that DP admitted that she can see herself as a "working wife and a mother", got everyone's ears up, and made them wonder whether the rumours are true, and if a wedding really is on the cards?! Even though there's no official statement, we'd like to think of this as a subtle hint. *wink*
5. We talked about how Ranveer never shies away from obvious social media PDA in form of comments, but Deepika is hardly that open, almost never. Just like that one time when she commented "Mine..." on Ranveer's picture, but deleted it seconds later. Obviously, we didn't miss it.
These two are pretty tight, and now their ever-growing closeness and casual hangouts with each other's fams are confirming the Big news. Official statement, are you listening?