While we do love a maximalist approach to fashion, it is the more pared-back outfit choices that are striking a chord these days. With the chaos and turmoil of the past year, we find ourselves subconsciously drawn to the comfort of fuss-free lines, elevated basics and muted colour palettes. Anushka Sharma has always been one to favour a 'less is more' approach towards her personal style. Even while making a statement, there is a certain chic, minimalistic quality to her sartorial choices. If you desire to emulate the actor's dressing style or are looking to favour a cleaner wardrobe aesthetic, here are a 8 key tips we have identified to keep in mind.
1. Opt for a Muted Colour Pallete: Be it monotone dressing, Anushka's love of all-white outfits, or her favoured neutral and pastel tones, the actor's wardrobe comprises of a soothing and chic colour palette.
2) Clean Lines and Tailored Sillhouettes: A glance through Anushka's Instagram feed will bear testimony to the actor's love of smartly-tailored outfits and well-fitted silhouettes.
3. A Single, Dramatic Detail: Minimalistic does not equal boring, just ask Anushka.The actor loves to take risks and opt for outfits with one striking, dramatic detail, be it an eggagarated sleeve or a dramatic neckline.
4. Sheerly Delightful Fabrics: Anushka loves to soften up her look by wearing outfits made of diaphanous lace or tonally embellished mesh fabrics, all while keeping her chic asthetic and colour palette in place.
5. Updated Casuals: Be it jeans and a tee or a simple summer dress, the actor always brings a touch of runway styling to her look, be it an avant grade fit, dressy detail or choice of fabric.
6. Not Without My Statement Acceessory(ies): A celebrity styling trick we love? Keep your outfit fuss-free and let your accessories do the talking. Be it a statement handbags, stylish sunnies or eye-catching jewellery, Anushka loves to dress-up her look with the right accessories. Case in point, that dramatic, Gucci earcuff we stan.
7. Pulled-Back Hair and Minimal Makeup: The actor favours a fuss-free and natural hair and makeup look to compliment her outfits. Even for evening or occasionwear, she opts to accentuate the eyes and keep the rest of her face toned down.
8. For the Love of Saris: When it comes to Indianwear, Anushka favours the timeless elegance of the graceful 9 yard drape.