We have all heard the phrase that beauty is forever. While women are beautiful at every age, as the years roll, loss of elastic tissue, thinning of the epidermis and other factors cause the skin to hang loosely and become dull.
Though ageing is inevitable and we must embrace it gracefully, there are certain super fruits that are especially beneficial to maintain the long-term health of the skin.
With passing years, everyone goes through various anti-ageing skin treatments. It is, however, always beneficial to maintain it via the natural way, according to Delhi-based nutritionists, Harshita Dilawri and Preeti Seth. They maintain that eating the right amount of fruits and vegetables along with drinking the right amount of water will always benefit your health and skin.
The nutritionists tell Cosmo India the 7 super fruits that delay the signs of ageing and keep your skin healthy and toned:
- Apple: Vitamin C found in this fruit helps to firm and tone the skin. It prevents free-radical damage, protects your skin cells and delays . Apples are also rich in pectin – the starch essential in driving away acne.
- Banana: Bananas contain emolliating natural fats and complex proteins to smoothen and soften your skin.
- Kiwi and Pomegranate: Consumption and application of Kiwi fruit helps ensure healthy, clear, and beautiful skin. Kiwis are rich in pectin and fiber, which strengthen digestion. They also may prevent wrinkles and blemishes. Pomegranates are also superb for overall skin health.
- Papaya and Peach: Papaya is a natural exfoliating tonic. It leaves your skin spotless with its high vitamin A content. With moisture-rich peaches, you can say goodbye to dry skin.
- Lemon: Consuming citrus fruits helps guarantee clear skin. If you want clear skin, choose citrus fruits such as oranges, mandarins, or the trusty old lemon! Lemons are rich in vitamin C, which is great for the skin.
- Amla: The extract of amla is rich in Vitamin A. This vitamin is essential in collagen production, a compound that keeps the skin looking young and elastic. Amla when consumed on an empty stomach has properties that slow down the degradation of collagen and helps the body produce more.
- Berries: Berries are as packed in antioxidants as fruits. Strawberries, Cranberries, Bilberries, or Blueberries are all great for overall health. The antioxidants in these berries can work wonders for rejuvenating your skin.