Want to make this Valentine's Day extraaa-special for your partner? Even if you are broke (or even if you are not), there is something extremely warm about the food that YOU prepare for your significant other. Don't fret! We are not talking elaborate gourmet meals that requires the expertise of a chef. Instead, we got four chefs to reveal the recipes of the easiest, yet delicious, appetizers you can prepare this V-day.
1) Jalapeno Potato By Chef Tarun Sibal, Director, One Fine Meal
- 2 tsp refine oil
- 1tsp Garlic
- 4 tbsp Kidney Beans, soaked
- 2 tbsp French Beans
- 4tbsp Jalapeno
- 1tsp Paprika Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2tsp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Water
- 6 Potato, medium
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp Jalapeno Mayonnaise
- 4 tsp Crispy fried Leeks
- Micro greens for garnish
- Take a frying pan add 2 tsp refine oil, Garlic, Kidney Beans, French Beans, Jalapeno, Paprika powder, salt and saute for 2 minutes then add Cheddar cheese and saute for 1 minute.
- Take a deep pan and add 6 cups of water and boil the Potato for 10 minutes without closing the lid. After that scope out the potatoes.
- Take a pan for deep frying and deep fry scoped Potatoes for 2 minutes
- Take a serving plate, place the deep fried potatoes, fill with Jalapeno Mayonnaise and fill with the mixture made.
- Garnish with Crispy fried leeks and the dish is ready to serve.
2) Carrot and Beetroot Pancake with Berries By Executive Chef Manoj Rawat, Hilton Garden Inn, Gurgaon Baani Square
- Flour – 300 gms
- Eggs – 6 nos
- Cream – 500 gms
- Milk – 300 ml
- Sugar – 20 gms
- Baking powder – 10 gms
- Freshly grated carrots – 200 gms
- Beetroot grated – 150 gms
- Fresh berries (blueberries/cranberries/raspberries) – 50 gms
- Honey – to drizzle on top
- Separate egg yolk and whites.
- Whisk egg white to a hard peak consistency.
- Make a batter by mixing all the ingredients and fold in egg whites to form a light batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour the batter for pancakes.
- Flip to other side after 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh berries and honey.
3) Quick and Easy Pineapple Chicken Bites By Executive Sous Chef Vineet Bahuguna, Hilton Garden Inn, New Delhi/Saket
- Chicken leg Diced -120 gms
- Pineapple Cubes-120 gms
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Black Pepper- ¼ tsp
- Barbeque sauce- 40 gms
- Parsley chopped- 10 gms
- Oil – 30 ml
- Bamboo sticks- 6 Nos
- Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper & half of the oil and let it rest.
- Skewer in Bamboo stick two pieces of pineapple and one of chicken in the middle.
- Apply rest of the oil on the pan and sear the stick and let the chicken cook.
- Brush Barbeque sauce on top and garnish with Chopped parsley.
- Serve hot with remaining sauce on side.
4) Bharwan Khumb By Chef Kasi Viswanathan, Director Food & Beverage, Radisson Blu Atria, Bengaluru
- Button Mushroom 150 gms
- Cooking Oil 15 mls
- Turmeric Powder 3 gms
- Garam Masala 10gms
- Green Chill 5 gms
- Cashew nut paste 8 gms
- Salt 3 gms
- Hang Curd 40 gms
- Gram Flour 15 gms
- Beans 20 gms
- Carrot 20 gms
- Spinch 15 gms
- Ginger 5 gms
- Garlic 5 gms
- Clean the mushroom thoroughly and destem them carefully retaining the caps.
- Blanch the mushroom with salt, turmeric powder and straine it keep a aside.
- Sauté the filling for stuffed mushroom with chop garlic, ginger, green chili, finely chop carrot and beans cook till its gets tender,
- And then add cashewnut powder, amul cheese, turmeric powder, jeera powder, garam masala, chat masala, salt,
- Fill a little of the stuffing into each cap and top with a drop of the cashew cream
- Make a margination with bhuna basan, mustard oil, yellow chilli powder, jeera powder, kasoori methi powder, black salt, hang curd, amul cream, amul cheese, garam masala powder.
- Pre heat clay pot oven mode for in the highest temperature
- Roast mushroom till it’s get brown in colour
- Serve hot dish with fresh coriander leaves.