The neverending spate of bad news and lockdowns courtesy of the Coronavirus pandemic can take a toll on one's mental health.
In times such as these, it is natural to feel despair and apathy towards your daily activities. "One's mental health is very important as it manages all spheres of their life thus one can practice these basic tips to manage it better and if there’s something they are unable to handle, there is a lot of help available and reaching for professional help can help a great deal in bringing about a difference," says Tiesta Duggal, founder of wellness brand Navyam.
With the mounting work pressure, deadlines, lack of change in environment and also the worry about the world outside and economic situation there seems to be a rising trend in mental health issues and challenges around people being able to manage their lives and minds mentally and emotionally.
Tiesta shares some ways to manage one's mental health better especially if you are working or studying from home:
1. Do 10-12 rounds of deep breathing 5-6 times a day.
2. Spend at least 5 mins a day in the fresh air.
3. Give yourself adequate breaks and appreciate yourself for your acknowledgements.
4. Talk to your friends and family either personally or virtually and if you are feeling overwhelmed share with them and seek support if need be.
5. Ensure you are eating well and giving your body enough rest and fluids.
6. Moving the body either by walking, doing homework out or just basic stretches to keep the energy flowing in the body.