Marvel cinematic multiverse and comic book fans rejoice! The studio's spanking-new television series Loki premieres on Disney+ Hotstar today (the first episode is already out). If you, like us, have been feeling an Avengers-shaped void that Falcon and the Winter Soldier couldn't quite fill, this show looks like it could be the answer. The series takes place after the events of Avengers: Endgame, and the reviews my friend......they are GOOD! In case you have not seen it yet, watch the series trailer below.
Actor Tom Hiddleston reprises his role as the mercurial villain, the God of Mischief Loki. The series is directed by Kate Herron, and also stars Owen Wilson, Wunmi Mosaku and Mbatha Raw in the lead. If you are looking for a gentle nudge to go watch the first episode, we have 10. Here's why you need to watch Loki, stat.
10 Reasons to Watch Loki Tonight (Or Any Other Night)
1. Loki is Marvel's most unique venture to date. It's complicated, but in a good way. Get ready to sharpen those mental math skills!
2. The series has received a whopping 9.5 rating on IMDB.
3. Tom Hiddleston's acting is being hailed as top drawer. Critics are praising his performance.
4. Loki sees the eponymous series lead take the leap from beloved villain to enthralling antihero.
5. So far, it has a 96% score on Rotten Tomatoes and has been certified FRESH.
6.It stars Owen Wilson, you guys! According to critics, our boy shines (so proud).
7. The makers of the series have called it a 'crime thriller', which is a very intriguing genre for a Marvel production, especially one based on the Thor universe.
8. The storyline is being called, intriguing, emotionally charged and epic. We don't want to give away any spoilers (how dare we), so watch it for yourself and be the judge.
9. It revisits the Avengers, and truth be told, any excuse to do that is okay by us.
10. And finally. it's made by Marvel. I mean...need we say more?
There you have it. Go watch the first episode of Loki, available to stream on Disney+ Hotstar, tonight, and find out what the fuss (and buzz) is all about.