Every year for five sweet days in late autumn, the beloved Diwali festival occurs and order is truly restored in the universe. Celebrated by millions across the world, there’s a lot to love about the Hindu festival of light—like the whole good triumphing over evil thing, light overcoming darkness, and new beginnings.
I truly believe that all great holiday pics deserve even greater captions, so I get why you’re here looking for Diwali Instagram inspo. In recent years, social media has become *such* an important part of the holiday. Shilpa Narang, a community member at New York City's Bhakti Center, says it’s an important way to link celebrants all over the world. And, not to get too earnest and teary-eyed up in here, but that connection is something we can all use.
Look, the potential content is endless. Besides the back-to-back firework Boomerangs that’ll surely end up on your story, there are the mouthwatering dinner pictures! The festive fashion pics! The inevitable family photo (Zoom screenshots included)!
So if you wanna alert everyone on the feed about all your Diwali celebrations, we’ve got you covered. Especially if you’re tryna avoid using the classic “It’s lit” or “Be a pataka, don’t burst one” captions for, like, the third year in a row.
Fire 'fit pics[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/B3ixj54h9Ie/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading[/instagram]
- If you don’t struggle with sari drapes, baby, you don’t feel my pain.
- Obligatory Diwali ’fit pic.
- Thought I’d add a little color to ya feed.
- I don’t feel sari for looking this good.
- “Diwali is awesome. And there’s food and there’s gonna be dancing, and, oh, I got the raddest outfit.” —Kelly Kapoor
- Is it hot in here or is it me? (jk it’s most likely the diyas)
- Don’t mind me!! ✨
- So fresh and so clean...
Drooly food pics[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/CFJb9bmFhtt/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading[/instagram]
- A balanced diet is a ladoo in each hand.
- 10 points to whoever can spot the *very* new stain on my outfit.
- Bright lights, full stomach, can’t lose.
- Ask me how long it took to clean this plate.
- I followed the lights and they led me here.
- Here’s to love, light, and ladoos.
- You’re looking at the official kitchen taste tester, tyvm.
- Much better than sharing food over Zoom last year.
Just generally lit pics (geddit?)[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/B4xPIU8gwcB/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading[/instagram]
- Alexa, play “Firework” by Katy Perry.
- Hey, look on the bright side. 😎
- We need to discuss the stress of capturing a good firework pic
- Baby, you light up my world like nobodyyy else.
- Do they give out degrees in Master of Fireworks Pics?
- Certified Lighter Girl
- ~The light is coming to give back everything the darkness stole~.
- If you’ve been looking for the light, congrats! You’ve arrived.
- Baby, is ur name Diya? ’Cause you light up my world.
- These are sorta like diamonds in the sky, right @badgalriri?
- Replacing fireworks with a Bath and Body Works candle this year, and TBH, seems appropriate. 🔥
Truly festive pics
- Your fave part of fall is PSLs. Mine is Diwali. We are not the same. (But also, can you pick me up a PSL?)
- NBD, just here to bless your feed and the New Year.
- This is the only festival you’ll catch me at, TBH.
- My 2021 ends this week thanks to Diwali! Y’all enjoy the rest though. 😏
- 10/10 stars, would do this all again next year.