Heads-up bc it's almost that time: Father’s Day is coming in hot (mark your calendar for Sunday, June 19), and the most authentic/modern expression of love is obviously an Instagram tribute. Okay, yeah—you could easily buy him a really thoughtful Father’s Day present, but why not show your appreciation with a good, old-fashioned grid pic? Because truly, nothing says “Dad, I love and value you” more than a perfectly captioned social media shout-out.
And if you’d rather caption a million basic sunset pics before tackling a sentimental snap of Dad, I’m with you. Like, sure, you can always go the Dad Joke route, but trying to showcase your love for pops in a single sentence is easier said than done.
Obviously, it doesn’t matter if he’s on social media, or if he still groans every time you try to make him an IG account of his own. Just tack on a “To my favorite guy who still won’t get on Instagram:” before any of these captions, and I promise you’ll be good as gold―after all, you've got 60 caption choices to choose from. Feel free to peruse (and fully plagiarize) these Father’s Day captions for the occasion.
For the bookworm dad:[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/CQV9Caorc5T/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading[/instagram]
- “There’s no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it.” ―George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings
- “Fathers always thought their youngest daughters were rather special.” ―Rona Jaffe, The Best of Everything
- “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” ―Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum
- “Your father...He never loses patience, never doubts or complains, but always hopes, and works and waits so cheerfully that one is ashamed to do otherwise before him.” ―Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
- “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.” ―Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
For the grandpa/godfather/other cool guy in your life:
- Does gramps have an IG? Absolutely not. But he deserves a spot on the main grid just the same. I see you Pop-Pop!
- Hey, TY for being my dad's dad. We love ya.
- Grandpa = the absolute GOAT (and the reason we're all here).
- HFD to the guy I always called when my dad grounded me.
- Thanks for bein' the dad I never had (cue the awws). You're the real MVP.
For the pop culture fiend:
Image: Pinterest, Dark Vader,Supervillain, Fictional character
- Dad…you are my father.
- If Uncle Jesse, Danny Tanner, and Joey became one person?
- Papa don’t preach, I already know I’m your favorite! 🙃
- I’m pretty sure you’d go full Liam Neeson in Taken for me, and for that I love you so.
- I’ll let you do The Godfather accent today.
- Atticus Finch, take notes.
- Mrs. George has nuuuthing on him.
- The Marlin to my Nemo…without the kidnapping stuff.
For the dad who’s IG-less:
- Love you, even though I’m gonna have to text/email you this post.
- Happy Father’s Day to my off-the-grid king.
- Don’t worry, I’ll show him these pics at brunch.
- He’s too cool for the socials, but gotta show some love on here regardless.
- HFD!!! (Even though he probs will never see this post.)
For those who have their father-daughter dance[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/CKl8nEIhRvK/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading[/instagram]
- MY LITERAL DAY ONE.
- The first man who ever loved me for actually being me.
- I’d like to thank my father for scaring away every guy I've ever dated.
- The only man—literally, THE ONLY MAN—who will ever buy my BS.
- Thank you for always reassuring me that the breakup was in fact *their* fault.
- Go bestie!
- My first-ever homie.
For some truly sappy sapster spam:[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/CRFYThOJ3AU/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading[/instagram]
- I can never repay you for all that you’ve done—no, seriously. I don't make enough money to do that.
- Forever grateful you still love me after I broke curfew every night in high school.
- You know your dad loves you when he has a picture of you in his wallet (I didn’t open your wallet, I swear).
- Minimal common interests, maximum love.
- Making dad sneakers trendy since 1994.
- My fashion inspo forever!
- I love you more than you love the morning paper!
- You always have my back, even when you really, really shouldn’t.
- Honestly, thank god for my dad….
For the side-by-side comp:[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/CcMXzbTrZvg/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading[/instagram]
- Thanks for your genes! I turned out perfect! ✨
- Love a power duo.
- Looking so good he always “pops.” (Get it? Get it? I’ll stop now)
- You got it from your mama, I def got it from my dad.
- Yeah, they clearly took the right baby home from the hospital.
- Let’s play “spot the difference.”
- Just me and my twin.
- Where do you think this flawlessness came from?
For the dad who's all about the jokes:[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/CLQbAZSpC-k/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading[/instagram]
- Happy Father’s Day, Dad! Thanks for figuring out how to use Insta!
- I love you, Dad, but please don’t comment on any more of my pictures.
- My gift to you will be to laugh at all your jokes today!
- Dad: Wanna hear a joke? Me: Sure. Dad: You.
- Pull my finger.
- The ruling pun king right here.
- Your dad jokes may drive my friends away, but at least I have you.
For the throwback pic:[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/CQWjzI-MHRB/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading[/instagram]
- Me now = Dad back when.
- We love a timeless dynamic duo.
- If you ask me, you haven’t aged a millisecond.
- The Number One Parent. Apologies to everyone else!
- Sorry to this man for outing his ’80s unibrow.
- The only man who can make vintage look this good!